X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligible for enlistment?

To make things short, Ive had traffic tickets when I was a bit younger (2) but those aren't really anything that would hold me back. My main issue is... Well, I was enlisted for active duty for the Army in October of last year. December of last year my wife (then girlfriend) and I got into an argument, and police were called. It wasn't physical, but due to the nature of he say, she say and the fact that cops were on the scene, we were both arrested. My case was expunged under Nolle Prosequi in March, right before my THEN ship date, April 16th. Well, my date came up, and I couldn't ship out due to being arrested and all... Anyways, would this stop me from being able to enlist for the National Guard? My wife nor I was charged with anything, and the whole thing was completely dropped in the middle of this year. (her case lasted longer than mine did) Just curious, I still do desire to serve my country any way possible.

Oh, side note, I can't try for any other branch because I've got tattoos that come past my elbow, on both arms. (No neck hand or face tattoos, though)

Thanks in advance.

Re: Eligible for enlistment?

The only way to get your question truly answered is to talk to a recruiter in your state. You'll require a waiver, and waivers are handled differently by different states and ultimately the NGB.

Comment

Working...
    X