Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be accepted

delete
    Last edited by mjmihalov; March 18th, 2014, 02:04 AM.

Re: Will I be accepted

highly unlikely right now. Talk to a recruiter and find out for sure and keep checking back to see when waivers are accepted again.
    Last edited by robinpugs06; November 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

delete

Comment

Originally posted by mjmihalov View Post
        As a juvenile I got charged with ccw, inducing panic, and something else that I can't remember. It got dropped to a misdemeanor that again I don't remember what it was and I served like two weeks in JJC and one year of juvenile probation that I actually got off of in like 6 months because I had no incidents. I was in 7th grade when that happened.

Then when I was 16 or 17 I got charged with burglary and underage consumption. I got drunk at my friends and walked into the wrong persons house. It got dropped to Criminal trespassing and underage consumption. I again got one year of juvenile probation and got off in 6 months with no incident. Also I completed an alcohol awareness class.

Then when I was 19 I got charged with theft from a motor vehicle and loitering(both misdemeanors), I served like 2 weeks in jail and got on probation for 2 years and am currently halfway done with that sentence and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get off soon.

If they talk to my probation officers they will most likely all say good things about me, I actually kept in touch with my first one until recently.

It will be probably be 6+months before I enlist if I can, I would like to know if I even have a shot though so I can start getting into better shape.

Couple things I want to point out, OP, before you count yourself off. Right now there is a suspension on any moral waivers for any Major Juvenille/Adult Misconduct convictions. Now, carrying a concealed weapon can fall into either a minor or major misconduct depending on what kind of weapon you concealed (i.e. "brass knuckles" versus a firearm) and at what location you were carrying concealed (what I"m seeing specifically is on school grounds, AR 601-210). Barring what was stated above, since you have a misdemeanor rather than a felony, there's a CHANCE your misdemeanor may be labeled as minor versus major, leaving you with a possibility to submit a waiver. Frankly, on this conviction, I would consult a recruiter to get a final determination.

As to your other misdemeanors, both are considered, loosely, as "minor" (providing your theft was under $500). However, having a total of three misdemeanors is the limit on being eligible to enlist. Even with three, you will need a waiver.

I'm not going to sate either way if you will be able to enlist. What I will say is that it is hard right now for applicants with a criminal background to enlist. Some recruiters may not even consider your application because of the extra work it will create. What I would encourage you to do is investigate your options more. It never hurts to ask, but realize that your previous criminal history shows a pattern of behavior that is not conducive to the National Guard moral standards. You are really going to have to show you have matured beyond your mistakes.

Good luck.

Comment

delete
          Last edited by mjmihalov; March 18th, 2014, 02:03 AM.

Comment

delete
            Last edited by mjmihalov; March 18th, 2014, 02:03 AM.

Comment

I'll gladly give you a recommendation - don't enlist; it probably won't end well for you. The military isn't the place to work out your problems. I wish you the best of luck getting things together.

Comment

delete

Comment

Since you are still on probation then your last offense was not that long ago. It may benefit you to let time go by and do some good things with your life to prove that you have changed and have bettered yourself.

Comment

am currently halfway done with that sentence and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get off soon.
                    Robin is correct. You won't be able to enlist if you are currently under probation or serving a sentence. Once you complete that, talk to a recruiter about your options. Honestly, though, after clarifying your conviction, it sounds like your waiver would fall under those that are suspended. Always verify with your recruiter, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X