X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picking a MOS

I'm trying to join the National Guard and I'm having a hard time picking an MOS the 3 I have narrowed it down to are 27d, 31b and 42a. my questions is I really want to go into 27d but I have a few things on my record they are petty theif in 1997, DUI in 2000, and unlicensed operations of a motor vehicle 3 but was dropped down to a no moving violations would that disqualify me from any of these MOS. any help would be great. thank you.

Re: picking a MOS

With the suspension on moral waivers right now you may not be able to enlist at all. If you are able to enlist I would think you would not be eligible for any MOS that needs a security clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF34 View Post
      I'm trying to join the National Guard and I'm having a hard time picking an MOS the 3 I have narrowed it down to are 27d, 31b and 42a. my questions is I really want to go into 27d but I have a few things on my record they are petty theif in 1997, DUI in 2000, and unlicensed operations of a motor vehicle 3 but was dropped down to a no moving violations would that disqualify me from any of these MOS. any help would be great. thank you.
      What is the purposes of re asking the same questions? People do this all the time thinking they will eventually get the answer they want. I have already told you that you do not qualify for 31B and 27D. You cannot have civilian convictions for those jobs. You may have a shot at 42A. I agree with robin pug 50/50....you may have a hard time enlisting at all, but given how long ago that stuff was, if you do get in I think you have a shot at a clearance.

Comment

Showstopper999 is going to be your best resource on security clearances. Unfortunately he won't be on for a while since he's on State Active Duty.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF34 View Post
          You would need a waiver for the DUI and right now moral waivers are suspended.

Comment

Working...
          X