X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to join but not sure if I can

I have two reasons that I am not sure if I would be able to join. My first issue is I am 21 year old mother of a 3 year old and a 16 month old. I have full custody of my youngest and joint custody of the other. Both children their fathers pay child support too. My question is I have never been married so does this make it difficult for myself? Another question is in 2008 I had a minor spinal surgery due to a herniated disk, is that also a a factor in all this?

Re: Looking to join but not sure if I can

I'm sorry Tiffany, but there are no dependancy waivers for single parents with custody of their minor children. To add insult to injury (no pun intended), the herniated disk is a disqualifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
      I'm sorry Tiffany, but there are no dependancy waivers for single parents with custody of their minor children. To add insult to injury (no pun intended), the herniated disk is a disqualifier.
      The herniated disk aside, I enlisted as a single mother of two children; I simply needed a Family Care Plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        I'm sorry Tiffany, but there are no dependancy waivers for single parents with custody of their minor children.
        Did a new SMOM come out about this that I missed?

Comment

Agreed. Do you have a reference to share?

Comment

Some quick poking around suggests that at least the Active Army is not granting any waivers. But I believe their stance has historically been different from the Guard/Reserves on this topic.

Comment

Working...
            X