X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know you can wear jewelry?

Soldiers may wear religious apparel, articles, or jewelry with the uniform, to include the physical fitness uniform, if they are neat, conservative, and discreet.

Re: Did you know you can wear jewelry?

ONE small religious item, such as a cross on your ID tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
      I didn't think you could hang anything off your dog tag chain but your dog tags? But then again, someone at BCT tried hanging a ring off of them, not a religious emblem.

Comment

I had no idea. I figured that would be a big no no. I have a tattoo on my wrist that is in violation of the tattoo requirements for the Marine Corps and Air Force, not sure if it is for the Guard or not (it is too close to my hand by about an inch). But it is completely religious and sentimental only. My family is Catholic and of the direct descendants of St. Mark. Many people in my family have a variation of this tattoo. Mine has a twist to it, it is the three letters ANI with our insignia wrapped around it. ANI is my grandfathers initials, as well as a few other late ancestors initial. Its rather small, an inch long and 3 inches wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
          It's implied by 670-1 that it has to be on a seperate chain....at it is also enforced in private land.

Comment

When I was the 101st; before we left to Iraq, we were given a St. Michael that had the 101st Screaming Eagles on it and we placed it on our tags. Plus you will see army values tags on the chain as well.

I must have had countless PAIs and nobody made a stunk when you have something extra on your tags.

But in a TRADOC environment; expect to have everything enforced to the letter.

Comment

I just took a picture of those tags (my second set) that I was referring to

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt. Furman View Post
                I had no idea. I figured that would be a big no no. I have a tattoo on my wrist that is in violation of the tattoo requirements for the Marine Corps and Air Force, not sure if it is for the Guard or not (it is too close to my hand by about an inch). But it is completely religious and sentimental only. My family is Catholic and of the direct descendants of St. Mark. Many people in my family have a variation of this tattoo. Mine has a twist to it, it is the three letters ANI with our insignia wrapped around it. ANI is my grandfathers initials, as well as a few other late ancestors initial. Its rather small, an inch long and 3 inches wide.
                Did you ask your recruiter? You mentioned previously that you were in the process of enlisting. According to the Army tattoo policy, you should be fine since it's not on your hands or extremist/racist/offensive in nature. Double check with your recruiter though!

Comment

Working...
                X