Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

british iraq veteran looking for some info!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: british iraq veteran looking for some info!

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
    Yes, but the regulation isn't the final answer in the context you put it. USAREC can still make business rules and policies making these stipulations more restrictive, which they are currently doing. Just because the reg says you can join if you are not over 100, doesn't mean they cannot have an operating policy that says we are currently not accepting anyone over 75.

All I am saying, is that USAREC doesn't control our recruiting efforts with those said internal policies in the National Guard.
    Agreed. It's never black and white. But in this case, there's too much debate and it's getting confusing. For the purpose of this conversation, AR 601-210 is a regulation that is easily accessible and is the current standard all around. Hence, a great reference for those trying to get the basics down. Ultimately, a local recruiter can help define if an individual state has changed it to reflect their unique mission. All recruits should verify the regulation with them.
    Last edited by RyCass; November 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      To clarify, the age requirements for PS are a minimum of 18 years old and the maximum is:

"After applicant is given credit for total prior service (Active and Reserve Component), the applicant must be able to qualify for non-regular retired pay by age 62. For applicants processing for entry into the Army National Guard, age is not a factor as long as the applicant qualifies for non-regular retired pay by age 62."
      OK, everyone, back on topic. Bottom line, AR 601-210 is the regulation to refer to and it states:

"3–3. Age
      Applicant is eligible for enlistment if any of the following apply:
      a. An applicant is eligible for RA enlistment if applicant’s age, when subtracting prior honorable active Service
      completed in any military Service
      , is not more than 42 and the applicant can qualify for regular retirement with 20 or
      more years of active Federal Service by age 62.
      b. Applicant is eligible for enlistment in the AR or ARNG if they are not less than 18 years of age and can qualify
      for retired pay by age 62. To be eligible for nonregular retired pay, an individual must meet eligibility criteria outlined
      in AR 135–180.
      c. An applicant is exempt from age criteria outlined above and therefore is eligible for enlistment if they can qualify
      for retirement by age 62, does not have 20 or more years of active Service, and is a former member of Service."

Hopefully, OP, that has answered your question. Please let us know if you have more!
      This is all moot, because the regulations are referring to US military service. Foreign military service is NOT considered prior service for the purposes of enlistment age.
      Last edited by SF Hunter; November 6th, 2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have a pub number for the memo sent 21sep12 message from army recruiting policy branch army G1?

Comment

Agreed. It's never black and white. But in this case, there's too much debate and it's getting confusing. For the purpose of this conversation, AR 601-210 is a regulation that is easily accessible and is the current standard all around. Hence, a great reference for those trying to get the basics down. Ultimately, a local recruiter can help define if an individual state has changed it to reflect their unique mission. All recruits should verify the regulation with them.
          Exactly. The poor British Iraq Vet has been swamped with so much info, he got turned off to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SF Hunter View Post
            This is all moot, because the regulations are referring to US military service. Foreign military service is NOT considered prior service for the purposes of enlistment age.
            In Rycass' defense (there is a first) this was posted to attempt to help robinpug, not the Brit.

Comment

Which I appreciate

Comment

well his recruiter just sent me a text and said the official word from NGB is 60...contradicts the memo and the policy but...New sticky under PS post says 60...Why RA is 62 and RC are 60 I don't understand. Oh well, he is too old by less then a year. Thanks everyone!
                Last edited by robinpugs06; November 6th, 2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                  well his recruiter just sent me a text and said the official word from NGB is 60...contradicts the memo and the policy but...New sticky under PS post says 60...Why RA is 62 and RC are 60 I don't understand. Oh well, he is too old by less then a year. Thanks everyone!
                  Yup! New memo makes it official. The age is is 60 not 62 and will be corrected in the next update for AR 601-210. Here's the sticky for everyone's review: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...Policy-Changes

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
                    That is how it works. When I look at the projected mandatory retirement date on my officer record brief; the date aligns when I am 62 years of age.

Comment

This whole thread has been hi-jacked and taken over by a discussion about retirement age.

The original poster was looking for info about age cut-off for enlistment. Which, in his case is NPS (Age 35).

Even senior members and forum moderators have continued on with posts that have nothing to do with age cut-off. If you want to discuss/debate the retirement age for Guard/Reserves/AD, then start another thread.

PLEASE, either get back on topic or end this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X