Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I need a waiver for this? (arm surgery)

I recently tore my distal bicep tendon and had surgery in September to repair it. Have a tiny button in my forearm bone to secure the tendon until everything heals back to 100% shortly.
    I've been kicking around the idea of joining either the National Guard/Air National Guard or possibly even going back AD. I'm PS Army E5, 29 y/o, RE1 code.

Basically, right now I have nothing but time sitting around twiddling my thumbs, so for possible future re-enslisment(s) in 2013, would this surgery require a waiver, and if so how big of a deal is it?
    I've never had to jump through hoops to get anything done since I've never had health issues,surgeries, legal issues, or a bad asvab score...this is something new to me.

Thank You
    Last edited by gunslash; October 26th, 2012, 06:53 PM.

Re: Will I need a waiver for this? (arm surgery)

Most likely you will need a waiver. You will need to speak with a recruiter who will submit your paperwork to MEPS and they will determine if you will need a waiver. Keep all your documents pertaining to the surgery and rehab (get copies of your medical paperwork) as MEPS will want to see this.

Comment

It will require a medread at MEPS. That short process will let you and your recruiter know if you would require a waiver. You can also reference AR 40-501 Chapter 2, to get an better idea.

Comment

Sounds good, thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X