X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juvenile misdemeanor waiver

When i was 14 i was charged with a misdemeanor 1 causing false alarm and a misdemeanor 3 negligent assault in one court case, i spent 2 months in juvenile and was released early and was on probation for 11 months and DID NOT reoffend the entire time from when i was 14 to my current age of 20 (only 1 minor traffic infraction since, happened when i was 20). My record was sealed when i was 18 and i even went to court to get it sealed. I have a high school diploma and a vocational school graduate certificate. I told my recruiter and a waiver for all of this was sent in today along with my cover letter and 3 recommendations from my uncle (ex SEAL), my juv. probation officer (6 years army, honorable discharge) and my boss (currently serving in the OHANG, 12 years, 16 total all army.) for the OHANG, he said i should expect a decision in 2 weeks. I know that the army and the guard are getting stricter with the people theyre letting in and I was wondering what do you think my chances are of getting this approved? I dont have any health issues and im in perfect shape, I learned from my mistakes and made that clear in my cover letter. I want to join the guard with every chromosome in my body and I wouldnt want to do anything else.

Re: Juvenile misdemeanor waiver

Originally posted by Viking View Post
    When i was 14 i was charged with a misdemeanor 1 causing false alarm and a misdemeanor 3 negligent assault in one court case, i spent 2 months in juvenile and was released early and was on probation for 11 months and DID NOT reoffend the entire time from when i was 14 to my current age of 20 (only 1 minor traffic infraction since, happened when i was 20). My record was sealed when i was 18 and i even went to court to get it sealed. I have a high school diploma and a vocational school graduate certificate. I told my recruiter and a waiver for all of this was sent in today along with my cover letter and 3 recommendations from my uncle (ex SEAL), my juv. probation officer (6 years army, honorable discharge) and my boss (currently serving in the OHANG, 12 years, 16 total all army.) for the OHANG, he said i should expect a decision in 2 weeks. I know that the army and the guard are getting stricter with the people theyre letting in and I was wondering what do you think my chances are of getting this approved? I dont have any health issues and im in perfect shape, I learned from my mistakes and made that clear in my cover letter. I want to join the guard with every chromosome in my body and I wouldnt want to do anything else.
    I think there is zero chance.

Comment

I would definitely continue to refer to your recruiter on this, but the current waiver suspensions states:

"Waivers for Major Misconduct [are suspended]. Waivers for Juvenile Major Misconduct may be considered in meritorious cases with extenuating circumstances; cannot be for Sex Crimes or Drug related offenses."

Comment

My recruiter seems very positive that we'll get it approved since it happened when I was 14, I never reoffended, I completed the terms of probation with the court and there's proof of rehabilitation and documentation where my records were sealed and the motion was well taken by the same judge that I seen when I was 14. I hope I fall into the "meritorious" category since there is no pattern of criminal activity since I was 14 and they were the only things I was ever charged with besides one very small traffic infraction, plus I'm signing up for 11B so I'm not going to need any security clearance and I mentioned my choice in my cover letter that went with the waiver.

Comment

I can appreciate Para's zero chance stance, but (and I can't look up the Major Misconduct list while I'm TDY with any ease), I wouldn't be positive this falls into the "Major" misconduct catagory, which, (if it doesn't), makes it more likely that a juvenile waiver could be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
            I can appreciate Para's zero chance stance, but (and I can't look up the Major Misconduct list while I'm TDY with any ease), I wouldn't be positive this falls into the "Major" misconduct catagory, which, (if it doesn't), makes it more likely that a juvenile waiver could be approved.
            Agreed. It's definitely a positive sign that your recruiter is even willing to work with your waiver in this enlistment climate.

Good luck, OP! Keep us posted on the outcome.

Comment

Working...
            X