X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering if I fit

I just applied to join. I have had a hard life being raised by a single mother. My mom was addicted to things that took priority over myself and my sisters. We have been from house to house ans I have never had stability and guidance. I wonder if there is anyone else that came from hard situations that found something in the national guard that filled that void.

Re: Wondering if I fit

Originally posted by GuyEndicott View Post
    I just applied to join. I have had a hard life being raised by a single mother. My mom was addicted to things that took priority over myself and my sisters. We have been from house to house ans I have never had stability and guidance. I wonder if there is anyone else that came from hard situations that found something in the national guard that filled that void.
    I had a very "unconventional" upbringing and I dropped out of high school after my mother kicked me out of the house. I joined the National Guard and I'm very glad I did; it defines me to a great extent. But the military will not fill that void directly; the people you care for in your life and your dedication to your principles/values are the only things that can do that.

Comment

Working...
    X