X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No help for ride to MEPS from recruiter

I live 3 hours from MEPS and my recruiting station. I made the drive to meet my recruiter the first time and a second time to MEPS to enlist. I found out from other recruits that the Recruiter is responsible for driving me to MEPS. In a couple of weeks I ship out and I asked my recruiter for a ride because I cannot pay to have my vehicle parked for the during of my basic and ait. He told me to find my closer to Meps so he can put me in a hotel. Now I feel very infuriated. Is it possible to switch recruiters, I don't mind resigning my paperwork. I just know I will not give him any referrals. What can I do? In my opinion he is being paid to get bodies in. I am not counted in until I go to basic. If I wasn't so motivated to serve I would just tell him to cross me off his list.

Re: No help for ride to MEPS from recruiter

Originally posted by augger View Post
    I live 3 hours from MEPS and my recruiting station. I made the drive to meet my recruiter the first time and a second time to MEPS to enlist. I found out from other recruits that the Recruiter is responsible for driving me to MEPS. In a couple of weeks I ship out and I asked my recruiter for a ride because I cannot pay to have my vehicle parked for the during of my basic and ait. He told me to find my closer to Meps so he can put me in a hotel. Now I feel very infuriated. Is it possible to switch recruiters, I don't mind resigning my paperwork. I just know I will not give him any referrals. What can I do? In my opinion he is being paid to get bodies in. I am not counted in until I go to basic. If I wasn't so motivated to serve I would just tell him to cross me off his list.

The critical sentence does not make sense.

Comment

I live 3 hours from MEPS and my recruiting station.
      This is the key...you are technically responsible for getting yourself to meet up with your recruiter, at which point he can take you to MEPS. He just so happens to work in the same town as MEPS so he wont have to far to take you. The bigger question is why did you use a recruiter 3 hours from where you live???

There are other solutions to this problem though, a closer recruiter may be able to take you up there. But ultimately, it is your responsibility to get to your recruiter to ship out. You need to have someone drop you off though, it is ridiculous to leave your car parked somewhere other than with someone you know while you are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
        This is the key...you are technically responsible for getting yourself to meet up with your recruiter, at which point he can take you to MEPS. He just so happens to work in the same town as MEPS so he wont have to far to take you. The bigger question is why did you use a recruiter 3 hours from where you live???

There are other solutions to this problem though, a closer recruiter may be able to take you up there. But ultimately, it is your responsibility to get to your recruiter to ship out. You need to have someone drop you off though, it is ridiculous to leave your car parked somewhere other than with someone you know while you are gone.
        This is exactly what I was going to say.

Comment

No family or friends that could help you out for a couple of bucks? Like your leaving for Basic that's a big commitment. If it was me... i would do anything to get there on time even walk :]

Comment

Thanks everyone. I guess I was expecting too much from my Recruiter. I will have to take a bus. I just relocated and so I don't have anyone that can take me.

Comment

The recruiter is not responsible for driving you to MEPS. Obviously, they do it as a courtesy. When I was in CT, he drove me to Bridgeport in which I took a bus that was an hour long ride to Mass.

One time, I drove my POV to MEPS (and it broke down along the way lol). It never crossed my mind that he should take me or complain about it.

Comment

I found out from other recruits
                Worst source of information ever

Comment

lol haha so true

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                    Worst source of information ever
                    Especially the recruits who are the barracks lawyers.

Comment

Working...
                    X