Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got Rejected From ANG Because of Moral & Medical.... But, It Doesn't Make Any Sense?....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Rejected From ANG Because of Moral & Medical.... But, It Doesn't Make Any Sense?....

Okay, I'm still bum out because of it but here it goes....

In 2006 I was a busy teenager and gotten 4 case's with 6 charges. All of the case's were dismiss and I was never convicted with a crime.

In 2003 or so I broke my hand and had surgery, I now have metal plates in my hand. I went to a hand doctor to see if I can even join the military and she wrote a report stating that it will not effect me in any way and it actually made my hand stronger then the other. The metal plate is actually replaces one of my bones... So, yeah...

My question is... Can I appeal the decision from DoD or who ever approve and rejects? Funny thing is that a friend that just got accepted 4days ago into the ANG has 7 charges, 3 of which he was convicted in 2 case's. Not to mention he has surgery on his back and shoulder... I'm shocked to hear he got accepted when I have not been convicted... I need some answers or something, whether or not I can ever join it's fine with me. I will cheer the troops on the sideline. But, it would be great if I can become a soldier.

Re: Got Rejected From ANG Because of Moral & Medical.... But, It Doesn't Make Any Sense?....

Originally posted by Jorge E Torres View Post
    Okay, I'm still bum out because of it but here it goes....

In 2006 I was a busy teenager and gotten 4 case's with 6 charges. All of the case's were dismiss and I was never convicted with a crime.

In 2003 or so I broke my hand and had surgery, I now have metal plates in my hand. I went to a hand doctor to see if I can even join the military and she wrote a report stating that it will not effect me in any way and it actually made my hand stronger then the other. The metal plate is actually replaces one of my bones... So, yeah...

My question is... Can I appeal the decision from DoD or who ever approve and rejects? Funny thing is that a friend that just got accepted 4days ago into the ANG has 7 charges, 3 of which he was convicted in 2 case's. Not to mention he has surgery on his back and shoulder... I'm shocked to hear he got accepted when I have not been convicted... I need some answers or something, whether or not I can ever join it's fine with me. I will cheer the troops on the sideline. But, it would be great if I can become a soldier.
    Possibly reread your post and fix your grammar and punctuation - it is difficult to read!
    Also, this is an Army National Guard Forum - ARNG not Air National Guard - ANG! Regulations are different as well as waiver processes!!

Comment

Re: Got Rejected From ANG Because of Moral & Medical.... But, It Doesn't Make Any Sense?....

Sorry, I was in a rush. I tried joining Army National Guard and was rejected. All I was told was that my Moral & Medical didn't fit the requirements of the Army National Guard. Problem is, I had a few charges. But, I never was charged with a crime and all of my cases were dismissed. I have no medical problem, I have a doctor that can vouch for it. My question is... Can I appeal to the person that denied me? Or am I basically screwed?

Comment

Sorry, I was in a rush. I tried joining Army National Guard and was rejected. All I was told was that my Moral & Medical didn't fit the requirements of the Army National Guard. Problem is, I had a few charges. But, I never was charged with a crime and all of my cases were dismissed. I have no medical problem, I have a doctor that can vouch for it. My question is... Can I appeal to the person that denied me? Or am I basically screwed?
        Somebody with more knowledge can weigh in, but you cant appeal. Once you get DQ'ed for moral and they aren't giving waivers, then thats it. Now, if we end up going to war or getting into another conflict, then that might change. But no, trying to get a waiver is the appeal process. Good luck with the Air Guard though. Thats the route I would have went if the Army wouldn't have worked out.

Comment

I am kind of in the same boat Jorge, 2006 charges dismissed, but I was also a cadet in the ARNG at the time. I have tried to get back in every year since 2007 with no luck on the 'moral' thing. I don't think I was ever DQ'ed though, recruiter never told me though so maybe I've been DQ'd 5 times since 2007 lol. Nobody succeeds by giving up, just keep an eye on the news from Iran, Russia and China and if something big goes down these 'moral turpitude' decisions will be re-evaluated. Mine are from joyriding golf carts in college, but a burglary charge slapped in there has ruined me (burglary from a chain-link fence area with golf carts in it) but look up "petty offense exceptions." My friends and coworkers can't believe that being a stupid kid in college resulted in this kind of life-altering punishment, amazing isn't it.

Comment

As far as the criminal charges there has to be more to the story. We generally don't care if you had one charge or 100 charges dismissed, if they were dismissed. If there was some sort of suspended sentence or conditions, the military wont look at those as dismissed for those purposes.

Comment

I spoke to my recruiter today and a few things came to light. He told me, when he submitted my paperwork... All he got was a report saying my "SUITABILITY" was denied. We spoke lengthy about my situation... He did mentioned that I am PDQ from ARNG... So, does that mean... I'm also PDQ for the regular Army and Army Reserve and or the whole US Military?

I had (6) charges, (0) convictions and all of the case's were closed. I'm in the process of going through an expungement of all of my charges. Now my other question is... Will it help me in the later run with another Branch of Service (hypothetically: If PDQ doesn't effect my enlistment for another branch)? Or, it won't do much?

Comment

I spoke to my recruiter today and a few things came to light. He told me, when he submitted my paperwork... All he got was a report saying my "SUITABILITY" was denied. We spoke lengthy about my situation... He did mentioned that I am PDQ from ARNG... So, does that mean... I'm also PDQ for the regular Army and Army Reserve and or the whole US Military?

I had (6) charges, (0) convictions and all of the case's were closed. I'm in the process of going through an expungement of all of my charges. Now my other question is... Will it help me in the later run with another Branch of Service (hypothetically: If PDQ doesn't effect my enlistment for another branch)? Or, it won't do much?
                No, it will not matter if you get them expunged. And I am still curious about the final dispositions of these charges, because we don't care about dismissals.....they obviously must have been dismissed WITH some sort of prejudice or conditions....which is not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                  No, it will not matter if you get them expunged. And I am still curious about the final dispositions of these charges, because we don't care about dismissals.....they obviously must have been dismissed WITH some sort of prejudice or conditions....which is not the same.
                  Yeah...there has to be more to the story

Comment

Okay, looking through all my court papers here's what I have found... Case 1 (2 Charge) sentence or other disposition was, pretrial probation until 9-17-08. Final disposition was dismissed on recommendation of Probation Dept. Case 2 (2 Charges) sentence or other disposition, Nolle Prosequi. Case 3 (1 Charge) Disposition method: dismissed upon. requested by commonwealth, failure to prosecute. Case 4 (1 Charge) disposition, Nolle Prosequi.

All my case's were closed 6-7 years ago....

Comment

Okay, looking through all my court papers here's what I have found... Case 1 (2 Charge) sentence or other disposition was, pretrial probation until 9-17-08. Final disposition was dismissed on recommendation of Probation Dept. Case 2 (2 Charges) sentence or other disposition, Nolle Prosequi. Case 3 (1 Charge) Disposition method: dismissed upon. requested by commonwealth, failure to prosecute. Case 4 (1 Charge) disposition, Nolle Prosequi.

All my case's were closed 6-7 years ago....
                      "Pretrial Probation" is not a dismissal without prejudice. It is a type of deferred prosecution. Basically this it what I had guessed all along. The Army does not see this as a dismissal.

And for everyone else (cause I know you will ask) "Nolle Prosequi" is latin for unwilling to pursue. In simple terms, the state chose not to prosecute those charges (most likely as part of the deal included in the probation).

Comment

But 4 events that will equate to possibly minor misconduct in the military. Why you did not learn your lesson the first time of getting in trouble with the law?

Comment

Funny you said that.... Two of my case's that were Nolle Prosequi were the one's I committed... The other two were unbelievably ridiculous, to say the least. Both case's show I wasn't involved, nor was I even there when the crime happen. It was the Police word against mine. All they did was had multiple photo's of me during a photo array (which isn't legal). The whole court case was funny and weird. In my opinion the Police department made a few major mistake and didn't want to look like morons, since they got the wrong guy. So, they kept pursuing that I was the individual that committed the crime.

Sure, I hanged out with the wrong crowd, that may have gave the LEO's some reason to look my way. But, that was 6-7years ago. I was 18ish back then. I've moved away from all the trouble and have a 3year old daughter and I'm also married. theirs no reason for a person like myself to have a second chance in life.... Believe me sir, I regret hanging out with my so-called friends because in the end, I'm the one suffering with the consequences.

Comment

Funny you said that.... Two of my case's that were Nolle Prosequi were the one's I committed... The other two were unbelievably ridiculous, to say the least. Both case's show I wasn't involved, nor was I even there when the crime happen. It was the Police word against mine. All they did was had multiple photo's of me during a photo array (which isn't legal). The whole court case was funny and weird. In my opinion the Police department made a few major mistake and didn't want to look like morons, since they got the wrong guy. So, they kept pursuing that I was the individual that committed the crime.

Sure, I hanged out with the wrong crowd, that may have gave the LEO's some reason to look my way. But, that was 6-7years ago. I was 18ish back then. I've moved away from all the trouble and have a 3year old daughter and I'm also married. theirs no reason for a person like myself to have a second chance in life.... Believe me sir, I regret hanging out with my so-called friends because in the end, I'm the one suffering with the consequences.
                            The dispositions of those charges really are no big deal outside of the Military / Law Enforcement world. Its not that you don't get a second chance, it is just as simple as pretrial probation being a disqualifier.

If you expunge the records they will still be there, but the normal corporate world will not be able to see them.

Comment

Working...
                            X