X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Option

Hi, I enrolled to take some college classes starting in January. I am also looking into enlisting in the National Guard. Would I be eligible for the Split option training? Now, I am 33 years old with a family. I say that because I wasn't sure if split option has an age restriction. Someone once told me I had to complete training by my 35th birthday and that would not happen. Anyone that can give me an answer or help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Split Option

Generally, the Slit Train Option is reserved for high school students, but where funding and slots are available, some college students are considered. I would recommend speaking to your recruiter. They can let you know if it's an option for you.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      Generally, the Slit Train Option is reserved for high school students, but where funding and slots are available, some college students are considered. I would recommend speaking to your recruiter. They can let you know if it's an option for you.
      Ok, I will check with recruiter. But is age an issue with the split option?

Comment

Yes, it can be, if you are unable to finish your initial training in the allotted time. But to be a part of the program, there is no age limit set.

Comment

The program is by far a better fit for High School students. The best advice is just attend a OSUT or a short AIT concurrently with BCT during the summer and get it over with. You immediately will be eligible for all the educational benefits, AND you won't be STUCK in the RSP for a YEAR with a group of high school students! Ultimately, it's not a good option for you, even if it's "doable".

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
            The program is by far a better fit for High School students. The best advice is just attend a OSUT or a short AIT concurrently with BCT during the summer and get it over with. You immediately will be eligible for all the educational benefits, AND you won't be STUCK in the RSP for a YEAR with a group of high school students! Ultimately, it's not a good option for you, even if it's "doable".
            Well, that's debatable. . However, Mongoose makes a good point. If what your MOS ends up being is not a priority to you, then pick something short and sweet. Personally, I would recommend you pick something you like, and work around the time constraints, if you can. Regardless, you definitely have options.

Comment

Working...
            X