X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This really confuses me....wtf

Ok well, as some of you may know I got taped at the recruiters and was 31% bf. I have a lot of muscle mass to me, but also some visible fat. I am 6'0 220 lbs. I can't make it until I get down to 24% bf or 197 lbs. I can easily pass the push ups, sit ups and mile reqs.

Then I see this, how in the world???

Re: This really confuses me....wtf

Just trying to be real with you, if you are taping at 31% then you dont have a lot of muscle mass. To tape like that you must have a skinny neck and a bunch of weight around your gut.

Comment

And to play devils advocate, there may be a medical reason this Soldier has let himself go. He definitely didn't enlist this way. It may seem unfair on the outside, but it's a reality.

Bottomline, try to be as healthy as you can when you enlist because it gets harder when you get older and injuries do happen.

Comment

I read up on this guy a while ago.

Turns out he's former Active Duty and let himself go after he ETS'ed, but with the needs for manpower they called him up while he was IRR.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
          Just trying to be real with you, if you are taping at 31% then you dont have a lot of muscle mass. To tape like that you must have a skinny neck and a bunch of weight around your gut.

I do have a lot of muscle mass, but like you said, my neck did get taped at 16 inches which is small, and my gut could be smaller, it's all from drinking. But I am working on it!

Comment

I'm dissapointed I couldn't seem to load the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
              I'm dissapointed I couldn't seem to load the picture.
              I can't either...blah!
              Last edited by HR NCO; September 18th, 2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I guess my question is, why would they let someone deploy like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Solrider View Post
                  I guess my question is, why would they let someone deploy like that?
                  Because when the IRR calls you up they don't care what kind of shape you're in.

Comment

Working...
                  X