X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suspension of Enlistment Waivers

My NB-22 does not have a SPD code when i got out. It has a RE-3 code and Data Code of cw. Now my Active Duty DD214 from Lost in the woods has A code of MBK in box 26 and box 28 Narrartive reason for separtion says Completion of Required Active Service Box 27 Reentry code says NA.Box 23 Type of separation Release From Active Duty Training.I was talking with a SSG friend last night and he said my last discharge is what they go by and that would be my NG-22 one General Under Honorable with A reentry of re-3 because my DD214 is from my training for The National Guard when i went in and was on AD for only 90 days approx.He said if had been on orders for 181 days then they could have gave me A Honorable Discharge for boot camp but not enough time in.I have talked with A Cali recruiter and he said I need a waiver which they are not doing atm.I also talked with A Washington recruiter and he said not doing waivers.i then called an Oregon Recruiter and he is still looking into a Waiver atm for me.I make weight am fit and ready to go but A waiver might be the problem it looks like atm.
    Last edited by spcrock; February 7th, 2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Spcrock, well, it sounds like you're getting the answer you're asking for: no waivers are being done at this time for your situation. I'm still confused as to what your SPD code is since these codes are three letters (CW does not fall under the list of valid codes; see AR 635-5-1). Are you by chance considered a Glossary Non-Prior Service applicant; meaning you served 180 days or less? What was the situation surrounding your separation? With a little more information, if you'd like, I might be able to pin point if you fall under a currently suspended waiver. This might mean an opportunity to enlist later on once the suspension is lifted.

Either way, I would say keep asking your recruiter(s). If it's a waiver that is suspended, things can and do change over night. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by spcrock View Post
        My NB-22 does not have a SPD code when i got out. It has a RE-3 code and Data Code of cw. Now my Active Duty DD214 from Lost in the woods has A code of MBK in box 26 and box 28 Narrartive reason for separtion says Completion of Required Active Service Box 27 Reentry code says NA.Box 23 Type of separation Release From Active Duty Training.I was talking with a SSG friend last night and he said my last discharge is what they go by and that would be my NG-22 one General Under Honorable with A reentry of re-3 because my DD214 is from my training for The National Guard when i went in and was on AD for only 90 days approx.He said if had been on orders for 181 days then they could have gave me A Honorable Discharge for boot camp but not enough time in.I have talked with A Cali recruiter and he said I need a waiver which they are not doing atm.I also talked with A Washington recruiter and he said not doing waivers.i then called an Oregon Recruiter and he is still looking into a Waiver atm for me.I make weight am fit and ready to go but A waiver might be the problem it looks like atm.
        Reason for discharge (Line 23) on your NGB 22 discharge form?

Comment

box 23 says Para 8-26k, NGR 600-200 Unsatisfactory participation.box 24 general(Under honorable Conditions box 26 Renlistment RE-3

Comment

box 23 says Para 8-26k, NGR 600-200 Unsatisfactory participation.box 24 general(Under honorable Conditions box 26 Renlistment RE-3
            How many years in service did you have when you received this discharge?

Unsatisfactory participation is that you did not show up for drill and that might be a deal breaker in today's re-entry climate.

Comment

4 years 9 months in ARNG and then transfered to IRR for the rest of my contract total was 8 years with A discharge from Army reserve Honorable form 256A hanging on my wall.
              Last edited by spcrock; February 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

4 years 9 months in ARNG and then transfered to IRR for the rest of my contract total was 8 years with A discharge from Army reserve Honorable form 257A hanging on my wall.
                You were sent to the IRR Control Group and the Honorable Discharge is a give me after your 8 years of obligation has expired. The recruiter will need that NGB 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post

a. ALL Categories suspended:

(1) Waivers for Major Misconduct. Waivers for Juvenile Major Misconduct may be considered in meritorious cases with extenuating circumstances; cannot be for Sex Crimes or Drug related offenses.

(2) Waivers for Drug/Alcohol Test (DAT).

(3) Waiver for Misconduct for drug use, possession or drug paraphernalia, to include marijuana, are suspended and are not being considered for enlistment (Adult / Junenile )
                  Does this mean if I have smoked marijuana, and i know exactly how many times, when, and where, but i have never been arrested or jailed for it, then i am ineligible for enlisting?

Comment

Originally posted by Many questions View Post
                    Does this mean if I have smoked marijuana, and i know exactly how many times, when, and where, but i have never been arrested or jailed for it, then i am ineligible for enlisting?
                    No. Experimentation and Drug Arrests are different.

Comment

Poss of Drug Paraphernalia question. I'm getting some mixed answers from people who are currently serving, so I'd thought I would ask. Was ticketed for Poss of Drug Paraphernalia in 2001, 300$ fine. In Texas it was a Class C Misd(Fine only, no jail time or probation). Was curious if I would still be blocked from enlisting or if It would be waived because it is classified as a "non-traffic offense" in Texas. I have 60 credit hours at 3.9, can already pass the army PFT, and just want to join to serve alongside my peers. I have a letter of rec from a retired Full Bird, and some references from NCO's currently in service. Thank you for your time!

Comment

Originally posted by Detour View Post
                        Poss of Drug Paraphernalia question. I'm getting some mixed answers from people who are currently serving, so I'd thought I would ask. Was ticketed for Poss of Drug Paraphernalia in 2001, 300$ fine. In Texas it was a Class C Misd(Fine only, no jail time or probation). Was curious if I would still be blocked from enlisting or if It would be waived because it is classified as a "non-traffic offense" in Texas. I have 60 credit hours at 3.9, can already pass the army PFT, and just want to join to serve alongside my peers. I have a letter of rec from a retired Full Bird, and some references from NCO's currently in service. Thank you for your time!
                        This question has been asked in multiple ways, with the same answer: http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...nnaire-worries

Comment

I noticed that the waiver I need is also suspended for prior service. Yes I know I had a brain fart in judgement at the time and have regretted it since. I was on active duty from 01-04 with honorable discharge and RE1 code on DD214. Spent 2 yrs out and went to re-enlist in 2006 and I tested positive at MEPS for marijuana. I had waited about 25 days and tested at the recruiters office before going and It came back neg but its what he called a faint negative. Where it said it was negative but the negative line was faint. He and I thought I was good but then got to MEPS and the test came back positive. I never would have went if I thought that I was still dirty. So just curious? Am I still done or do I have a chance to re-up? Thanks
                          Last edited by PSArmy?; May 16th, 2013, 01:36 AM.

Comment

I think I may have this backward. I was eligible before for a waiver but not now or did the suspension grant me ability to get a waiver.

Comment

Originally posted by PSArmy? View Post
                              I think I may have this backward. I was eligible before for a waiver but not now or did the suspension grant me ability to get a waiver.
                              The suspension* means. The the National Guard will not consider/waiver anyone that has tested positive for drugs or alcohol (Positive DAT).

*The suspensions of the mentioned waivers are in effect until further notice.
                              Last edited by SF Hunter; April 1st, 2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Roger. Thanks for clearing that up for me... Im still a little confused though. Before these suspensions took effect I was told that I was unable to get a waiver.. Guess I just need to wait and then try again. Im assuming the same suspensions apply to RA too?
                                Last edited by PSArmy?; May 17th, 2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X