Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suspension of Enlistment Waivers

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
    Was just on the chat on nationalguard.com and the person said The Army National Guard isn't even giving medical waivers at this time. Is this true?
    No, this is not true.
    The chat that you had on ng.com was misunderstood. The waivers that are currently suspended are listed.

Comment

Was just on the chat on nationalguard.com and the person said The Army National Guard isn't even giving medical waivers at this time. Is this true? the above policy doesn't specifically say anything about medical waivers? Now, in my case MEPS PDQed me without me going in for a history of shoulder issues, then the recruiter has to submit paperwork to the Guard Surgeon General to get permission to physical (this isn't a waiver yet) and if that is approved then I can go to MEPS and the DR can then decide to let me enlist or PDQ me and then that is when I would need a waiver.
      And if this is the case; how can you go to MEPS with the Air National Guard if you are PDQed?

Comment

So I guess a person in this enviroment today with an RE-3 code and a separation code of JGA-Entry level status performance and conduct pretty much won't get a wavier in New York? Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          his is the case; how can you go to MEPS with the Air National Guard if you are PDQed?
          My paper work was sent up to MEPS, they disqualified me and would not allow me to physical, a request for permission to physical was sent to the Air National Guard Surgeon General, he approved me top go to MEPS to physical, I still had weight to drop, but now I am set up to go to MEPS in a few weeks. If the doctor disqualifies me at MEPS during my physical then a waiver request will be sent.
          Last edited by robinpugs06; October 2nd, 2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

My paper work was sent up to MEPS, they disqualified me and would not allow me to physical, a request for permission to physical was sent to the Air National Guard Surgeon General, he approved me top go to MEPS to physical, I still had weight to drop, but now I am set up to go to MEPS in a few weeks. If the doctor disqualifies me at MEPS then a waiver request will be sent.
            We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed for you! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
              So I guess a person in this enviroment today with an RE-3 code and a separation code of JGA-Entry level status performance and conduct pretty much won't get a wavier in New York? Just wondering
              You can get a waiver. Since you served under 180 days,you are considered, by all accounts, non-prior service. If you served for more than 180 days and you received a performance or misconduct discharge, then you would not be able to obtain a waiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                Sanchez, you will be unable to re-enlist into the Guard.

Soooo what you're saying is he has to wait?

Sorry. I coudn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbru3 View Post
                  You can get a waiver. Since you served under 180 days,you are considered, by all accounts, non-prior service. If you served for more than 180 days and you received a performance or misconduct discharge, then you would not be able to obtain a waiver.
                  He would be considered a Glossary Non-Prior Service applicant for service "fewer than 180 days on Active Duty" (see AR 601-210, section 2-2) . When it comes to disqualifications, Glossary NPS fall under the same requirements as Prior Service.

Comment

I have questions in regards to both legal and medical waivers, and I haven't been able to get any clear answers dealing directly with my situation, so I am hoping I can get some real help here. I know there is a suspension on all waivers, that much has been made abundantly clear, but that is why it important for me to find out whether I need a waiver in my case. I have quite a bit to say, so I'm sorry for the long read, but it's a very complex situation and I want to be very clear, and I will be extremely greatful for the help. If I am given a criminal background check if I enlist unfortunately there are 3 things that would be found, however they are simple misdemeanors, all of which were dismissed; so in other words I've never been convicted of anything in my life. I am in the process of having them all expunged from my record since there is no limit of expungements when there has been no convictions; normally only one is allowed to any single person if they were convicted of a crime, and because I wasn't convicted the State has to allow me to do all of them, for free. Considering the ridiculous circumstances of these non-convicted charges, being that I never did anything wrong, it was just wrong place wrong time scenarios; I'll explain the situations to shed light on why the cases were dismissed.
                    In 2011, back when I didn't think I could join the military because I had an obligation to help my Dad to care for my brother who had been permanently disabled in a car wreck in 2007, as well as the PTSD I suffered from as a result at the time (the wreck being why I need to ask about medical waivers) took the fall for a friend since he was caught shoplifting, though I was fortunate enough to only get a citation to show up for court then (expecting to be arrested though); I was only doing so to protect him and his chance to join the USMC, as he had already been recruited, and I didn't want to see him lose the opportunity I so wished I could pursue at the time, so I purely acted with good intentions, even if it did mean I would get arrested. He was younger than me and I just didn't want to see his chance be ruined for one stupid mistake that I was sure he'd learn a lesson from after my sacrifice, so I thought it was the right thing to do, but was foolishly wrong when the immature prick did the same thing again at a different store several days later, only this time he got my car keys to "listen to the radio" while I was inside still, and stole it and nearly ran the manager over to get away when they went out to confront him about the stolen items; he didn't even make it out of the parking lot before getting stopped by the police. So I was beyond pissed off, and decided he didn't deserve the privilege to serve, so I told the police the first time wasn't really me, I only took the blame because he was enlisted in the military and I respected that fact too much to let him be kicked out for what I thought he would learn a lesson from when his friend made that sacrifice for him. I actually spoke with a military veteran police officer who actually respected what I had been been willing to risk for the sake of my friend's ability to serve our country, as well as being honest after that appalling display of misconduct, to help ensure his disqualification from the USMC, so I was cut some slack and the case against me was dismissed. The next day, I even felt so bad about everything that had happened, feeling a sense of fault just because I had been with him and actually thought he would change, so I called the store on his behalf (because God knows he wouldn't) and apologized to the store manager about the shoplifting and, above all, for nearly being run over with my car as he tried to flee the scene.
                    The next charge was marijuana paraphernalia possession, which happened when I was 17 back in 2009, however I was only arrested with the charge because my friend was a smoker and had to toss it under his truck when a police car pulled in the parking lot (we were hanging out at his truck at my neighborhood park), and because neither of us would confess whose it was (I wasn't about to give up somebody who had been there for me like family after a tragic accident in 2007 that nearly killed me), and they couldn't know for sure who it belonged to so they just arrested us both. In the end, the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence, being that they couldn't actually pin it on either of us.
                    The last charge I have was for breaking & entering without force, however the house I was in my Dad actually had filed all the paperwork to seize ownership of it because it was abandoned several years ago, but there was some problem with the title to it in May last year, being contested by some Realtor, and so the Realtor had me arrested when I was there showing the house to some friends who were going to rent it from my Dad; I only knew what my Dad had mentioned, so as far as I knew I had the right to be there, not to mention because I had the key to the house, so why should I suspect differently? Anyway, the case was dismissed yesterday, 1/30/2013, because the person who had me arrested failed to show up for court twice in a row, not that it would have mattered because my attorney had all the proper paperwork to present to prove my innocence. Either way, it's still going to show up on my record, until and possibly even after I have it all expunged, just like the other cases I mentioned, and so this is why I am wondering if I needed a waiver for these, even if I was never convicted and have them expunged?
                    As for the medical waivers, I needed to ask because of two things. I was in a car wreck back in '07 that killed my brother-in-law (which would have been me, had I chosen to sit in the front seat instead of letting him because he asked), my friend suffered a head injury, I suffered from a couple broken bones which are all completely healed now with no physical problems, and perhaps the worst of all my brother had to have both legs amputated nearly up to his waist after secondary infections caused for further amputation, as well as losing the use of his right arm, leaving him permanently disabled and bedridden for the rest of his life. I broke my left femur and had to have a pin put in it for it to be able to heal properly, and I have been told that is a disqualification, but I read on military.com that it isn't if it is made so it isn't capable of easy trauma, which it isn't because my doctor even told me that it is so strong that not only should I never break that leg again, but that femur is now even stronger than my right femur which has never broken before; it has all healed just fine, and I have not since then had any medical issues involving it, and I am actually, in fact, in even better shape today then I was back then, so I am wondering if I need a waiver for this? Also, as you can imagine, what I went through was very traumatic and so I was diagnosed with PTSD and was on medication for several years, but I am no longer on the medication and I haven't felt any sign of relapsed depression since I have been off, and today I am doing better physically and mentally then I was back before this all happened, and so I am wondering if this requires a waiver of any kind? I know that it states all waivers are currently suspended, but it says there are exceptions made in rare extraordinary circumstances, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is quite an extraordinary circumstance. Thank you so much for reading all of this to be able to help answer my questions, because I finally feel capable of pursuing my life dream of pursuing a military career after overcoming obstacles which I never thought possible, and I need to know if I can do just that; also, if it makes any difference at all due to the physical injury issue, I am not intending on going infantry or anything like that, but rather becoming something more like an Intelligence Analyst, plus I will also be attending college the necessary amount of years to become an Officer before going active duty, with the help of the NG education benefits (which is really the only way I can hope to ever get through college), and will seek to be the best of the best. I am looking forward to hearing back from anybody who can help shine some light on my situation to help answer these questions, as these are the questions that hang my future military career in the balance. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I am a Mom with one child in the USMC she has been in since 1999 and my youngest son wants to join also. He has a Misdemeanor Marijuanna possession charge on his record when he was a few months shy of 18 years old from 2007. He pled guilty and paid a fine instead of serving 45 days in jail. I understand that this is considered a serious offense, but the time he would have served was only 45 days if he didn't pay the fine.

What is a "District Waiver" and are they being considered for this type of serious offense for college students?

Concerned Military Mom

Comment

Originally posted by MilitaryMom View Post
                        Hello, I am a Mom with one child in the USMC she has been in since 1999 and my youngest son wants to join also. He has a Misdemeanor Marijuanna possession charge on his record when he was a few months shy of 18 years old from 2007. He pled guilty and paid a fine instead of serving 45 days in jail. I understand that this is considered a serious offense, but the time he would have served was only 45 days if he didn't pay the fine.

What is a "District Waiver" and are they being considered for this type of serious offense for college students?

Concerned Military Mom
                        I'm not by any means a lawyer, so I cannot speak to how your state handles these kinds of convictions. However, what I can tell you is that if he as a conviction for anything drug related, juvenile or adult, no waivers are currently being accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanson1 View Post
                          I have questions in regards to both legal and medical waivers, and I haven't been able to get any clear answers dealing directly with my situation, so I am hoping I can get some real help here. I know there is a suspension on all waivers, that much has been made abundantly clear, but that is why it important for me to find out whether I need a waiver in my case. I have quite a bit to say, so I'm sorry for the long read, but it's a very complex situation and I want to be very clear, and I will be extremely greatful for the help. If I am given a criminal background check if I enlist unfortunately there are 3 things that would be found, however they are simple misdemeanors, all of which were dismissed; so in other words I've never been convicted of anything in my life. I am in the process of having them all expunged from my record since there is no limit of expungements when there has been no convictions; normally only one is allowed to any single person if they were convicted of a crime, and because I wasn't convicted the State has to allow me to do all of them, for free. Considering the ridiculous circumstances of these non-convicted charges, being that I never did anything wrong, it was just wrong place wrong time scenarios; I'll explain the situations to shed light on why the cases were dismissed.
                          In 2011, back when I didn't think I could join the military because I had an obligation to help my Dad to care for my brother who had been permanently disabled in a car wreck in 2007, as well as the PTSD I suffered from as a result at the time (the wreck being why I need to ask about medical waivers) took the fall for a friend since he was caught shoplifting, though I was fortunate enough to only get a citation to show up for court then (expecting to be arrested though); I was only doing so to protect him and his chance to join the USMC, as he had already been recruited, and I didn't want to see him lose the opportunity I so wished I could pursue at the time, so I purely acted with good intentions, even if it did mean I would get arrested. He was younger than me and I just didn't want to see his chance be ruined for one stupid mistake that I was sure he'd learn a lesson from after my sacrifice, so I thought it was the right thing to do, but was foolishly wrong when the immature prick did the same thing again at a different store several days later, only this time he got my car keys to "listen to the radio" while I was inside still, and stole it and nearly ran the manager over to get away when they went out to confront him about the stolen items; he didn't even make it out of the parking lot before getting stopped by the police. So I was beyond pissed off, and decided he didn't deserve the privilege to serve, so I told the police the first time wasn't really me, I only took the blame because he was enlisted in the military and I respected that fact too much to let him be kicked out for what I thought he would learn a lesson from when his friend made that sacrifice for him. I actually spoke with a military veteran police officer who actually respected what I had been been willing to risk for the sake of my friend's ability to serve our country, as well as being honest after that appalling display of misconduct, to help ensure his disqualification from the USMC, so I was cut some slack and the case against me was dismissed. The next day, I even felt so bad about everything that had happened, feeling a sense of fault just because I had been with him and actually thought he would change, so I called the store on his behalf (because God knows he wouldn't) and apologized to the store manager about the shoplifting and, above all, for nearly being run over with my car as he tried to flee the scene.
                          The next charge was marijuana paraphernalia possession, which happened when I was 17 back in 2009, however I was only arrested with the charge because my friend was a smoker and had to toss it under his truck when a police car pulled in the parking lot (we were hanging out at his truck at my neighborhood park), and because neither of us would confess whose it was (I wasn't about to give up somebody who had been there for me like family after a tragic accident in 2007 that nearly killed me), and they couldn't know for sure who it belonged to so they just arrested us both. In the end, the case was dismissed due to lack of evidence, being that they couldn't actually pin it on either of us.
                          The last charge I have was for breaking & entering without force, however the house I was in my Dad actually had filed all the paperwork to seize ownership of it because it was abandoned several years ago, but there was some problem with the title to it in May last year, being contested by some Realtor, and so the Realtor had me arrested when I was there showing the house to some friends who were going to rent it from my Dad; I only knew what my Dad had mentioned, so as far as I knew I had the right to be there, not to mention because I had the key to the house, so why should I suspect differently? Anyway, the case was dismissed yesterday, 1/30/2013, because the person who had me arrested failed to show up for court twice in a row, not that it would have mattered because my attorney had all the proper paperwork to present to prove my innocence. Either way, it's still going to show up on my record, until and possibly even after I have it all expunged, just like the other cases I mentioned, and so this is why I am wondering if I needed a waiver for these, even if I was never convicted and have them expunged?
                          As for the medical waivers, I needed to ask because of two things. I was in a car wreck back in '07 that killed my brother-in-law (which would have been me, had I chosen to sit in the front seat instead of letting him because he asked), my friend suffered a head injury, I suffered from a couple broken bones which are all completely healed now with no physical problems, and perhaps the worst of all my brother had to have both legs amputated nearly up to his waist after secondary infections caused for further amputation, as well as losing the use of his right arm, leaving him permanently disabled and bedridden for the rest of his life. I broke my left femur and had to have a pin put in it for it to be able to heal properly, and I have been told that is a disqualification, but I read on military.com that it isn't if it is made so it isn't capable of easy trauma, which it isn't because my doctor even told me that it is so strong that not only should I never break that leg again, but that femur is now even stronger than my right femur which has never broken before; it has all healed just fine, and I have not since then had any medical issues involving it, and I am actually, in fact, in even better shape today then I was back then, so I am wondering if I need a waiver for this? Also, as you can imagine, what I went through was very traumatic and so I was diagnosed with PTSD and was on medication for several years, but I am no longer on the medication and I haven't felt any sign of relapsed depression since I have been off, and today I am doing better physically and mentally then I was back before this all happened, and so I am wondering if this requires a waiver of any kind? I know that it states all waivers are currently suspended, but it says there are exceptions made in rare extraordinary circumstances, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is quite an extraordinary circumstance. Thank you so much for reading all of this to be able to help answer my questions, because I finally feel capable of pursuing my life dream of pursuing a military career after overcoming obstacles which I never thought possible, and I need to know if I can do just that; also, if it makes any difference at all due to the physical injury issue, I am not intending on going infantry or anything like that, but rather becoming something more like an Intelligence Analyst, plus I will also be attending college the necessary amount of years to become an Officer before going active duty, with the help of the NG education benefits (which is really the only way I can hope to ever get through college), and will seek to be the best of the best. I am looking forward to hearing back from anybody who can help shine some light on my situation to help answer these questions, as these are the questions that hang my future military career in the balance. Thanks.

OK. I honestly didn't read this whole thing. I think it would behoove you to condense this into direct questions; your "complicated" back story is unnecessary to get your point.

What I did gather is that you have/had PTSD and marijuana associations in the past. These right off the bat are disqualifications with no waivers being granted currently. It's pretty straight forward. I'm not suggesting you refrained from getting clarification from a recruiter, just don't be surprised by the answers you get.

Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, I know it was a bit much to explain everything, I just thought it would help to be as detailed as I could. Either way, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by spcrock
                              So are they doing waivers for PS General Under Honorable RE-3 CW?? Thank You
                              Generally speaking, RE code 3's have the potential to be waiverable. However, what is your SPD code? That will determine your eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanson1 View Post
                                Sorry, I know it was a bit much to explain everything, I just thought it would help to be as detailed as I could. Either way, I appreciate the help. Thanks.
                                No problem! You'll find being direct and brief on here will get you more answers/interaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X