X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Weight Reqirements

I wasn wondering if the guards requirements were similar to the Armys. I know that they will tape test you to see if you meet the Body Fat requirements. Is it the same for the Guard?

Re: Questions About Weight Reqirements

Yes, same requirements apply

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
      Yes, same requirements apply
      I spoke with a recruiter about joining the Army reserve as a recruiter. He told me that with my height and weight requirements I needed to have my waist at 39 inches and my neck at 16 indches. However when i plug in the numbers on a tape test app it still says I need to loose a good bit more. I guess I dont understand how the tape test works without the weight being factored in to it. Was I being snowballed? Could someone please expain the tape test concept to me?

Comment

There is a formula that takes your neck size and waste size (and hips for women) and comes out with a number and that number is used in relation to your height which gives you a % number - weight is NOT factored into this formula. If you are under your % it doesn't matter what your weight is.
        http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html
        Last edited by robinpugs06; September 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Tape test is there to assess your Body Fat Percentage. So, for example, if you weight 30 pounds over the weight limit but have a body fat percentage of 23 percent, then you are good to go! Keep in mind that fat weighs more than muscle.

Comment

Weight is not a disqualifyer, body fat percent (BFP) is. If you are over weight, then you are taped to see if you meet the BFP requirements. To get your BFP the way the Army calculates it, weight is not taken into factor. It is measurements of parts of your body that are fed into an equation to get your BFP.

Comment

Working...
            X