X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meps!!

I'm going to MEPS on Monday, I'm wondering what all can I expect to happen when I get there?

Re: Meps!!

Meps is basically an overall physical fitness exam. You will start in a big room where they will give everyone a briefing about what is expected of you during the day (can't leave and come back, can't have your cell phone, etc). Then they are going to test your eyes, your joints (duck walk, arm rotations, ankle and knee rotations and more). They will test your hearing, coordination, drug test (pee in a cup), blood pressure and more. Expect to spend pretty much all day there. They will provide you lunch and if everything goes well and your good to go then you can sign your final papers and swear in.

Its a good introduction to Military way of doing things. Lots of waiting in line and sitting around just for something that takes you 5 or 10 minutes, but it is all necessary.

Comment

Word of advice: do not fall asleep in the waiting room. You will be very tired come afternoon! Wear comfortable clothes and it was freezing inside our MEPs so suggest bringing a zipped hoodie.

Comment

Congrats, be prepared for some waiting around, and shuffling from room to room. Chicago MEPS did not allow hoodies, and it is cold in there, so bring a zip up sweater or something. Do not fall asleep, bring something to read, and dont use your cell phone. It is a long tiring day.

Comment

Originally posted by NervousSoldier View Post
          I'm going to MEPS on Monday, I'm wondering what all can I expect to happen when I get there?
          Which location will you be going to on Monday? That's when I will be going to MEPS and I will be in Indianapolis.

Comment

Working...
          X