Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

    I weight 220 lbs and I am 6'0. I have a lot of visible muscle mass, but also visible fat. I think I am atleast 4-5% over my goal bf% to get into the Guard. Would they still let me attend RSP until I were to ship out to basic? I plan on starting training again to be top physical shape, and I was wondering if I could attend RSP and train hard until basic so I will pass there?

    Haven't been taped yet, but I know I am most likely over the reqs. Would love to attend RSP in full gear and train every day on my own until basic rolled around.
    Last edited by Slicklynx666; September 4th, 2012, 04:11 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

    You will not be able to enlist until you meet the requirement.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

      Thanks ALN. This is going to be the hard part. I can push out the push-ups, sit-up and run reqs pretty easily, but the weight is the only thing holding me back.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

        Being 6'0 tall and weighing only 220, I'm having a hard time believing that you wont meet the tape requirement for enlisting. The enlistment standards for male taping is I believe 24% body fat (It recently dropped from 26% or at least will soon). Either way, you'd have to be pretty much all belly fat to not meet the tape requirements at your ht/wgt.

        If you can give me your neck measurement and your waist measurement I can tell you what body fat percentage they would say you have. I say "what they would say" because it really isn't the most accurate way of measuring body fat.
        Last edited by HR NCO; September 4th, 2012, 04:32 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

          Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
          Being 6'0 tall and weighing only 220, I'm having a hard time believing that you wont meet the tape requirement for enlisting. The enlistment standards for male taping is I believe 24% body fat (It recently dropped from 26% or at least will soon). Either way, you'd have to be pretty much all belly fat to not meet the tape requirements at your ht/wgt.
          Man, you have given me some hope! I am actually contacting a recruiter sometime this week and I will have him tape me then. I know I am not ALL belly fat. I am 6'0, 220 lbs, with 38 waist. Wow, you have given me a lot of hope my friend.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

            Just make sure you are measuring around your belly button, not where you neccessarily wear your pants. If you are at 38 around at your belly button you should have no issues as long as you have at least a 15 inch neck.

            basically the bigger your neck, the better off you are.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

              Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
              Just make sure you are measuring around your belly button, not where you neccessarily wear your pants. If you are at 38 around at your belly button you should have no issues as long as you have at least a 15 inch neck.

              basically the bigger your neck, the better off you are.
              My neck is anywhere between 15-18. When I got my neck measured for a suit I had to wear for a wedding, he either said 16 or 17

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

                Let the recruiter tape you. I'm 5'10, 250 and I passed tape with 4% to spare. I do have a 18 inch neck though. Give it a shot. All he will tell you is to lose more weight if you're over.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

                  Originally posted by SpcSlimDizzle View Post
                  Let the recruiter tape you. I'm 5'10, 250 and I passed tape with 4% to spare. I do have a 18 inch neck though. Give it a shot. All he will tell you is to lose more weight if you're over.
                  Well, talked to the recruiter today. 16 inch neck, and I need to be around 197 lbs. So I have to lose a lot of weight. Also, bad news. I had a surgery on my ear, and it is possible to still see the scar. He said that I might not be able to get in because of it, even if I were to have perfect hearing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Weight reqs, can I still attend rsp?

                    What was your waist measurement? It really doesn't matter what your weight is, it only matters what your measurements are.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X