X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 inches

I am looking for some advice. I need to loose 2 stubborn inches off my waist. I Crossfit and go to the gym and do cardio pretty routinely. I am having trouble with these two inches and that is the only thing holding me back at this point. Any secrets/ideas to get these last two inches off? My recruiter said that they may stop taking enlistments Sept 14, so I am running out of time here. Just need a quick fix to get a job/date for basic till I can continue dieting, and working out to get it off the healthy/real way.

Re: 2 inches

Jim,

Inches are a little non-specific, unless you're not even close to the weight standards and are attempting to meet tape intead. "2 inches" could equate to +/- 10-30 pounds depending on your body frame. Honestly, it's 80% diet. You need to be in a caloric deficit, and if you're not, you simply won't loose weight. Good luck.

Comment

To add to this, try implementing some weight lifting. Building muscle while also eating right and maintaining a strenuous (key word) cardio work out will do wonders in helping you shed the weight and inches. Don't forget to change your work out up a bit. If you're doing the same thing day in and day out your body will get use to it and will stop losing weight. Here are some other fitness tips: Fitness

Comment

Interval Training (see Insanity) I was able to lose 1.5 in 6 weeks. But like Mongoose said, its about diet too. Refined carbs and anything processed is your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpcSlimDizzle View Post
          Interval Training (see Insanity) I was able to lose 1.5 in 6 weeks. But like Mongoose said, its about diet too. Refined carbs and anything processed is your enemy.
          Not to be a turd or anything but 1.5 lbs in 6 weeks isn't very good But congrats on the loss anyways! With a good diet and exercise program 1 lb a week is generally the standard. 3500 calories burned=1 lb.

What does "routinely" mean with your cardio?

Comment

Originally posted by gheart68w View Post
            Not to be a turd or anything but 1.5 lbs in 6 weeks isn't very good But congrats on the loss anyways! With a good diet and exercise program 1 lb a week is generally the standard. 3500 calories burned=1 lb.

What does "routinely" mean with your cardio?
            SpcSlimDizzle wrote 1.5 inches not pounds

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
              SpcSlimDizzle wrote 1.5 inches not pounds
              Thank you. I thought that was implied given the context of the post.

Comment

how much cardio are you doing and for how long? working out for too long can cause your stress hormones to release and muscle building ones to shut down try and only workout for an hour or less. losing inches will be all diet, try and eat carbs only around a workout, like oats pre workout and simple sugars and complex carbs after a workout to spike your insulin, then about an hour after that have a meal high in protein, i usually do lean chicken/tuna with mustard as a condiment because its 0 calories and actually helps your metabolism, on your non workout days try and only get carbs from veggies or fruits, but stay away from fruits later in the day because of the sugars. your Maintenance calories will be your body weight x12 generally if you drop that number by 500 cals a day you should loose around 1lb a week depending on your body, also try and get 6 meals a day to keep your metabolism going, CLA is a very good supplement for stomach fat area also but is not needed, caffeine 100-200mgs a day is good but stay with black coffee that helps your metabolism, try and throw some monounsaturated fats in there like extra virgin olive oil 1-2 tablespoons a day maybe steamed with veggies

Comment

Working...
                X