X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion and advice needed

Okay so here is the deal, I want to join the guard here in ca, but I have some criminal background. Three juvienal vandalism charges, a possession of stolen prop as an adult and a sales of furnishing marijuana arrest. The only thing I was convicted of was the stolen property which was reduced to disturbing the peace. The weed charge is tricky I was arrested but the da did not press charges or file anything. I went to the court house and they did not have anything and gave me a letter saying "no compliant was filed". The pd shows an arrest though. Don't know if it matters but I have not been in any trouble since then (7years) put my self through school and have worked the entire time. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Opinion and advice needed

Hmm, you may require a moral waiver to enlist and based on another post I read recently they are not really accepting many moral waivers anymore. Back 4 or 5 years ago they were doing what they could to get anyone in, but with the way the economy is right now they can afford to be a bit more picky with who they accept. Also keep in mind that those arrests may prevent you from obtaining any type of higher security clearance which will limit your MOS options.

Your best bet is to just talk to a Recruiter. They'll be able to give you the bottom line, just be prepared to not like what they have to say! Good luck!

Comment

Thanks. Best of luck to you at basic.

Comment

Originally posted by 94550 View Post
        Okay so here is the deal, I want to join the guard here in ca, but I have some criminal background. Three juvienal vandalism charges, a possession of stolen prop as an adult and a sales of furnishing marijuana arrest. The only thing I was convicted of was the stolen property which was reduced to disturbing the peace. The weed charge is tricky I was arrested but the da did not press charges or file anything. I went to the court house and they did not have anything and gave me a letter saying "no compliant was filed". The pd shows an arrest though. Don't know if it matters but I have not been in any trouble since then (7years) put my self through school and have worked the entire time. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
        The only thing that matters are convictions. If everything else was dismissed without prejudice (no deferral or probation for a dismissal) then, sounds like you only have to worry about the disturbing the peace charge.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          The only thing that matters are convictions. If everything else was dismissed without prejudice (no deferral or probation for a dismissal) then, sounds like you only have to worry about the disturbing the peace charge.

To add to this, any drug related charges are a No-Go right now. No waivers authorized.

Comment

Working...
          X