X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver for eyesight

I just got back from MEPS yesterday and I passed all of the physical tests except for my vision exam I also got a 75 on my ASVAB. My eyes are correctable to 20/20 with glasses. I'm also 17 and on track to graduate.They recommended a waiver and my liaison said he'll see me in a few weeks and kept the copies of my paperwork. My recruiter also said that he was going to fast track my waiver because I'm in school. Do I have a good chance of getting a waiver? Do I have anything to worry about? I've wanted to join the military my whole life and for my eyes to stop me really crushes my hopes. Any advice would be nice.

Re: Waiver for eyesight

If you need a waiver for your eyesight then you must have worse then -8.00 vision. Yes you can get a waiver for this but stay on top of your recruiter to get it done. May take a couple of weeks then you are going to have to go back to MEPS. It sounds like you have a decent recruiter already so hope it works out for you. If you do ot already have glasses then get some before you go back to MEPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
      If you need a waiver for your eyesight then you must have worse then -8.00 vision. Yes you can get a waiver for this but stay on top of your recruiter to get it done. May take a couple of weeks then you are going to have to go back to MEPS. It sounds like you have a decent recruiter already so hope it works out for you. If you do ot already have glasses then get some before you go back to MEPS.
      Yes I do have a good recruiter and he has been consistent every step of the way and said that the waiver will be sent in by Friday. I do have glasses and I see perfect with them. My medical forms even showed that they were correctable. I am just very worried that I'll be permanently DQ from service.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyboy View Post
        Yes I do have a good recruiter and he has been consistent every step of the way and said that the waiver will be sent in by Friday. I do have glasses and I see perfect with them. My medical forms even showed that they were correctable. I am just very worried that I'll be permanently DQ from service.
        You should be fine. Just once you are in never get out...lol
        Would suck if you are like me and had a break in service and the rules changed for letting you in. I had to get two waivers to re-enlist because I am over 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigershark View Post
          You should be fine. Just once you are in never get out...lol
          Would suck if you are like me and had a break in service and the rules changed for letting you in. I had to get two waivers to re-enlist because I am over 40.
          Thanks for the response. It actually made me a little more secure.

Comment

After almost 2 months of waiting, my waiver was approved. A message for those with the same problem, keep praying and keep fighting and you'll get it,

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyboy View Post
              After almost 2 months of waiting, my waiver was approved. A message for those with the same problem, keep praying and keep fighting and you'll get it,
              Congratulations! Onward and upward! Good luck with your training.

Comment

Working...
              X