Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not accepting Moral Waivers?

Hello, hopefully someone can help.

I took the asvab yesterday and scored a 87.

I was supposed to go to MEPS on Tuesday but on my way home from the armory my recruiter called and said that my DUI from the year 2000 would prohibit me from enlisting in the National Guard because they are not accepting waivers for alcohol related offenses.

Is this true? This was in South Carolina.

Does anyone have any advice for me so that I can join the Guard and be a Soldier for my Country?

Thanks

Re: Not accepting Moral Waivers?

I forgot to mention that I am now 31, with not a single slip up since my DUI back when I was 19.

I have a wife and 2 children.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens2926 View Post
      Hello, hopefully someone can help.

I took the asvab yesterday and scored a 87.

I was supposed to go to MEPS on Tuesday but on my way home from the armory my recruiter called and said that my DUI from the year 2000 would prohibit me from enlisting in the National Guard because they are not accepting waivers for alcohol related offenses.

Is this true? This was in South Carolina.

Does anyone have any advice for me so that I can join the Guard and be a Soldier for my Country?

Thanks
      It depends on the state if they accept moral waivers. Sounds like SC is not, based on what your recruiter said. Your neighboring states may accept moral waivers.

Comment

With the way things are looking in the military budgets and the changes that could be coming in the very near future, they are being extremely picky with recruits. I had to work my butt off just to get a waiver for a broken arm, so.....

Comment

Working...
        X