X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlistment Question

I am currently attending college and I want to join the National Guard. I was in the Army ROTC program at the school I attend, but I am not allowed to continue in the program because I made a stupid mistake and allowed my GPA to slip up (a mistake that will never happen again). I wasn't contracted, but I was working on that. Anyway, after really doing some serious thinking I want to enlist anyway. I have about 2-3 years left of school and my question is this: is it possible to enlist now and finish school studying what I am currently majoring in and maybe attend BCT one summer then AIT the next before I graduate or will I just need to wait until after graduation to enlist? I know I need to talk with a recruiter, but until I find one near me I just thought I'd ask here.

Re: Enlistment Question

Is it possible? Yes, pending you meet all other requirements for joining.

Comment

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by payne38 View Post
        That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!
        Have you contacted a recruiter in your area? You should also look at some of the great money for college benefits that may be available to you! You can fill out a pre-qualification form and get connected with a local recruiter at http://bit.ly/JMCld5
        Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by B.Wood View Post
          Have you contacted a recruiter in your area? You should also look at some of the great money for college benefits that may be available to you! You can fill out a pre-qualification form and get connected with a local recruiter at http://bit.ly/JMCld5
          Good luck! Let us know how it goes!
          Thanks for the link. I'm in the process of filling it out now. I did speak with a recruiter last December, but he was the recruiter the ROTC program was using and he is a good distance from where I live, so I'd like to find one to speak with that is much closer to me.

Comment

I finished filling out the pre-qualification form. Do I just wait now to hear from a recruiter?

Comment

I finished filling out the pre-qualification form. Do I just wait now to hear from a recruiter?
              Did you get an email confirming you've completed both sections of the application? If so, then a recruiter should contact you within 10 business days!

Comment

I have not received an email yet, but when I log in to Path to Honor it tells me my application is complete. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else I am required to do at this point.

Comment

I have not received an email yet, but when I log in to Path to Honor it tells me my application is complete. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing else I am required to do at this point.
                  OK. You should have received a confirmation email once your application was entirely completed. What you'll need to do is contact the Path To Honor help desk. Have your username or email address available, and they will be able to determine what the hang-up is in your application! Here's their number: 1-866-529-1354, or 1-800-GO-GUARD.

Comment

Thanks for posting the number RyCas. I had exactly the same problem as payne.
                    I will give them a call - Never received any confirmation email.
                    I get back to the states next week (am on holiday in Africa)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RepublicanGuard View Post
                      Thanks for posting the number RyCas. I had exactly the same problem as payne.
                      I will give them a call - Never received any confirmation email.
                      I get back to the states next week (am on holiday in Africa)

Thanks.
                      Glad I could help! They are really great to work with, so I'm sure you all will get the assistance you need.

Comment

Thanks for the number. I think I figured out my problem on my own, though. I already had a recruiter linked to my Path to Honor account I started from a year ago and I think that may be my issue. I have contacted him. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                        X