Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lots of weight to lose

Originally posted by Hargrove.Spc.541 View Post
    You can even pay the reporting agencies to have them removed from your report after 7 years since your last activity. There's a loophole for ya. Check your states statutes on debts.
    You do not have to pay anyone for this, ESPECIALLY the credit reporting agencies. If it remains after 7.5 years you just need to dispute it. It is not a loophole, it is the Fair Credit Reporting Act, a federal law.

Comment

Originally posted by Hargrove.Spc.541 View Post
      They can still call you for 7 years, but they can't make you pay after 6. They'll usually call like crazy on the 6th year to scare you into paying because they know it's their last chance to try and collect on you. A little insider secret.
      Unless you are in a state that has further restricted the statute of limitations, they have every right to attempt collection up to 7.5 years of first reported delinquency.

Comment

Credit scores do not affect a clearance. It is the outstanding negative debt that causes the issue. The CAF wants to see debt resolution...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin View Post
          Credit scores do not affect a clearance. It is the outstanding negative debt that causes the issue. The CAF wants to see debt resolution...
          It is good that you are tackling all the security and finance question threads based on your experience.

I been waiting on my TS clearance to be adjudicated since last year. I had to submit a memo signed by my Commander for the case to be re-opened. The investigator called me and supposedly two locations where I was stationed still needed vetting and I had to submit more contacts. A visit was already completed in Kentucky. Hopefully, my interim will become a full TS within the next couple of months.

Comment

I post a URL and it requires moderator approval but a spambot can without problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
              I post a URL and it requires moderator approval but a spambot can without problem.
              Chief they say they check everyday yet I've responded to you multiple times this week and you still don't know it. I've learned to copy my text so I can repaste and submit...then it goes.

At least on the brightside there seems to be no more rycass

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                Trust me there are more spammers that get moderated than those who slip through. Especially lately it has been picking up. Maybe if every other post of yours didn't include some embedded YouTube video it wouldn't happen so much.

I personally log in here multiple times a day. At work, at home, in the morning and late at night. As do a few of you. Which is why I try and keep the communication going.

Anyway, you could try using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum. Though I honestly have no idea if there is even anyone that reads those submissions. The admins are a different entity from the moderators.
                Last edited by SteveLord; April 29th, 2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts"

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. If a Spam-Bot can put up multiple spam urls, we should be able to report multiple spam urls.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                    Trust me there are more spammers that get moderated than those who slip through. Especially lately it has been picking up. Maybe if every other post of yours didn't include some embedded YouTube video it wouldn't happen so much.

I personally log in here multiple times a day. At work, at home, in the morning and late at night. As do a few of you. Which is why I try and keep the communication going.

Anyway, you could try using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum. Though I honestly have no idea if there is even anyone that reads those submissions. The admins are a different entity from the moderators.
                    You forgot to delete and ban the spammer, by the way

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
                    "This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between reporting posts"

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. If a Spam-Bot can put up multiple spam urls, we should be able to report multiple spam urls.
                    Just wait 60 seconds or reply like you just did. I check the "What's New?" 90% of the time and when I see, "HEY MOD, DELETE THIS SPAM" I go in and delete it. 75% of the 90%, I look JUST for spam. Most spam you guys don't see.

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post
                    Chief they say they check everyday yet I've responded to you multiple times this week and you still don't know it. I've learned to copy my text so I can repaste and submit...then it goes.

Checking Moderated posts are more tedious than checking spammers. Mainly because moderated posts occur when there are spammers, double/triple posts, IPs that are out of the country (mainly Chief) and those who have a DNS server outside the US, and just the random "spam" posts.

If you get moderated, just post it again. No one sees the "Moderated" post but you and us. We will either leave it be, delete it, or approve it (if it's the only one) but most of you have ADAPTED and posted it a second time (or complained the second time that it was moderated, which in case, we approve your post and delete your complaint)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
                      You forgot to delete and ban the spammer, by the way
                      Trust me, I've deleted so many posts/banned so many in the last few weeks especially, I don't doubt at least one has slipped through.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                        Trust me, I've deleted so many posts/banned so many in the last few weeks especially, I don't doubt at least one has slipped through.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Incognito View Post

Haha. That made me chuckle.

Steve, thanks for the technical response. I mod on other forums, so I know the hassle it comes with dealing with spam. The admin on my other forum has a one touch and ban cleaner which is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                          X