X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conduct Waivers For PS

I am hoping a recruiter can tell me if NGB is processing conduct waivers for Prior Service. Earlier this year, I passed SFRE as a civilian, completed
    my SF physical, and was on my way to enlisting into a 19th Group training team. As my recruiter was processing my paperwork, he told me
    that conduct waivers were being suspended, National Guard-wide. I got a DUI in 2002. As of recently, he has stopped returning my calls and even
    though I know chances are slim that the recruiting climate is going to shift in my favor any time soon, I'm trying to stay abreast of what's going on.

Thanks, and S/F

Re: Conduct Waivers For PS

Why not just go down there yourself?

Comment

I live 7 hours away from the unit and recruiter.

Comment

Originally posted by gumby2/6 View Post
        I live 7 hours away from the unit and recruiter.
        Perhaps you are not ready to join.

Comment

Your recruiter is correct. Currently the following is in effect:

Prior Service Personnel:
          a. No conduct waiver authorized at any level (*discharged for misconduct/patterns of misconduct, or entry level discharge for misconduct).
          b. No DAT waivers
          c. No prior separation or discharge waivers for misconduct, or any other type of involuntary waiver that involved misconduct.
          d. No administrative waivers for performance. Other administrative type waivers for prior Service Applicants with less than 180 days of Active Federal Service, such as entry level separation waivers, may still be processed.
          e. Enlistment waivers for the following mental health conditions remain suspended: mood disorders to include depression and bipolar disorder, drug or alcohol abuse/dependence, overdose of any medication (prescription or over the counter) in a suicide attempt, any condition involving self-mutilation, or any other suicidal attempt or gesture.

Note: The suspensions of the mentioned waivers are in effect until further notice.

Comment

Thanks, B.Wood. Exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
            X