X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Training

I am seventeen and decided to join the national guard. I want to do the Split Training program so that I can finish my school, but it is the beginning of July. Can I still join the program and receive my BCT training? I will be a senior in August and I live in Ohio.

Re: Split Training

no, just sign up for an OSUT mos, or try and get it straight through. You still can do a split op, if you plan on going to college or something, but it is much better imo to just do it all straight through. you will have the military mindset the whole time rather than going home for a year. But.. to answer your question. no you cant do it this summer. you would have to wait til next summer. You can sign up now, and go to RSP drills though for a year until you ship. that way you will still be learning, and will have some of the benefits available to you

Comment

Re: Split Training

Originally posted by BrandonKnight17 View Post
      I am seventeen and decided to join the national guard. I want to do the Split Training program so that I can finish my school, but it is the beginning of July. Can I still join the program and receive my BCT training? I will be a senior in August and I live in Ohio.
      Are you working with a recruiter yet? They will be the ones to speak to about the timing for Split Training. When you're ready to talk to one, here's how to get connected: http://bit.ly/JMCld5.
      iambrian makes a good point, however. It would be highly unlikely that a slot would be immediately available for you to attend BCT before the starting school.

Comment

Working...
      X