Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 W with degree?

Greetings,

I have been looking to enlist as a 68W. Will there be a sufficient opportunity to later attend OCS after enlisting? I already have my Bachelors Degree, so I could apply for OCS now but I am torn on the best option available. Can anyone give me specific details on this please. Thank you!
    Last edited by RyCass; July 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM. Reason: Spelling Error

Re: 68 W with degree?

Originally posted by Curtis Peoples II View Post
    Greetings,

A have been looking to enlist as a 68W. Will there be a sufficient opportunity to later attend OCS after enlisting? I already have my Bachelors Degree, so I could apply for OCS now but I am torn on the best option available. Can anyone give me specific details on this please. Thank you!
    Yes; the last couple of soldiers from my unit that went to OCS were NCOs, including my senior medic (E-6).

Comment

Your question is one of apples and oranges and assuming you meet the qualifications for both. The roles, responsiblities and jobs descriptions are so potentially different it really is a question of what you want to pursue. Ultimately, you could pursue both. (I was an enlisted medic for 2 decades, amongst other things before I attended OCS). To give you any more specific career advice we would need to know your age, degree, current employment, family status, ect. all of which could impact your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
        Your question is one of apples and oranges and assuming you meet the qualifications for both. The roles, responsiblities and jobs descriptions are so potentially different it really is a question of what you want to pursue. Ultimately, you could pursue both. (I was an enlisted medic for 2 decades, amongst other things before I attended OCS). To give you any more specific career advice we would need to know your age, degree, current employment, family status, ect. all of which could impact your decision.
        Ok, I am 22 years of age, a Georgia resident, BS degree in Biology with a Pre-Medicine concentration. I am currently applying to PA school so I wanted to complete the OCS training in the down time that I have. I've heard recruiters could be very manipulative so I would like to get an honest opinion from someone who is/was in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Peoples II View Post
          Ok, I am 22 years of age, a Georgia resident, BS degree in Biology with a Pre-Medicine concentration. I am currently applying to PA school so I wanted to complete the OCS training in the down time that I have. I've heard recruiters could be very manipulative so I would like to get an honest opinion from someone who is/was in the field.
          I'm not sure if you've seen this yet, but here's some general information on enlisting as a Medical Professional. http://bit.ly/NUddQY

Also, if you're concerned about working with a recruiter, I would recommend getting as informed as possible. Remember, no one is going to take your enlistment as seriously as you will, so try to be as clear as possible on what you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X