Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Legal Permanent Resident be eligible to join Air National Guard, and what is the age maximum?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Legal Permanent Resident be eligible to join Air National Guard, and what is the age maximum?

I turned 40 and a LPR (Green Card Holder) since Nov 2010. A Philippine Registered Nurse, and looks forward to get my U.S. RN ssoner than later. Can I possibly apply for the Air National Guard?

Re: Can Legal Permanent Resident be eligible to join Air National Guard, and what is the age maximum

Originally posted by lctalens View Post
    I turned 40 and a LPR (Green Card Holder) since Nov 2010. A Philippine Registered Nurse, and looks forward to get my U.S. RN ssoner than later. Can I possibly apply for the Air National Guard?
    The title of this forum may be misleading but we primarily deal with the Army National Guard.

Comment

Re: Can Legal Permanent Resident be eligible to join Air National Guard, and what is the age maximum

Thank you, 2LT. And I really wish to join I suppose with the Army NG, but age seems not waiverable. Sad. . .

Comment

Originally posted by lctalens View Post
        Thank you, 2LT. And I really wish to join I suppose with the Army NG, but age seems not waiverable. Sad. . .
        I'm not so sure about that. Did you speak with an AMEDD recruiter? AMEDD is a completely different world.

Comment

OP,

Just so you are aware, because nurses are also medical officers in all branches of the United States military you will be ineligible to commission into any branch unless you become a US citizen. Therefore, because you are currently not eligible to explore slightly higher Army Medical Department age requirements, your only option WOULD be enlisting with a green card. Unfortunately, you no longer meet the age requirements for any service currently. The Air National Guard currently has the highest age allowed to enlist and it is capped at your 40th birthday. So the bottom line I'm afraid is you are not eligible for US military service.

Comment

I think that now you are currently not eligible to explore slightly higher Army Medical Department age requirements, your only option WOULD be enlisting with a green card. Unfortunately, you no longer meet the age requirements for any service currently. So, you do not have much right here.

Comment

Working...
            X