X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal Record

I want to enlist in Indiana, but I have two criminal mischief convictions and one theft conviction from an arrest in 2003. My sentence, which has been completed included 18 months probation with roughly 9 months of incarceration prior to sentencing. I also had roughly $300 in fines, restitution and court costs which were paid on time. Am I still eligible?

Re: Criminal Record

Originally posted by Larry Mahaney View Post
    I want to enlist in Indiana, but I have two criminal mischief convictions and one theft conviction from an arrest in 2003. My sentence, which has been completed included 18 months probation with roughly 9 months of incarceration prior to sentencing. I also had roughly $300 in fines, restitution and court costs which were paid on time. Am I still eligible?
    With Criminal Mischief, you have up to $500 in fines, restitution, and confinement. So, on this account, you should be fine. When you say "theft", that's a very vague answer. What kind of theft is important; i.e. Grand theft auto is considered a major conduct offense and would require a waiver. Check out AR 601-210-3 Chapter 4 as a reference. Ultimately, you'll need to discuss this with your recruiter as they will be the only one who can definitively comment on your eligibility.

Comment

Re: Criminal Record

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
      With Criminal Mischief, you have up to $500 in fines, restitution, and confinement. So, on this account, you should be fine. When you say "theft", that's a very vague answer. What kind of theft is important; i.e. Grand theft auto is considered a major conduct offense and would require a waiver. Check out AR 601-210-3 Chapter 4 as a reference. Ultimately, you'll need to discuss this with your recruiter as they will be the only one who can definitively comment on your eligibility.
      It was petty theft. Value wasn't even $100.00

Comment

Working...
      X