Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wavier Delaying Ship to BCT. Advice Saught.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wavier Delaying Ship to BCT. Advice Saught.

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
    Great! Glad to hear you have some kind of time frame to work with. Good luck!
    Yes, a thank you to everyone on here for their help. We're still within that time frame, but no word yet. I've been doing some informal information collection, here, in contact with my superiors, and elsewhere, and I'm still unsure as to what the outcome of my situation will be. My particular case would apparently be a disqualification for enlistment now, but at least I'm somewhat past that, in that I have enlisted and attended 8 RSP drills. It has also been noted that some case by case reviews are still occurring. I have little doubt that my case would be approved, but I don't know how broad a brush the NGB is painting with at the present time.

My reason for bumping this thread is to ask a further general question I don't want to bother my recruiters and RSP cadre with while they are still engaged with this present paperwork. If my wavier is denied or the time frame is grossly exceeded, can a currently enlisted soldier enter an ROTC program as a graduate student? I received my bachelor's degree in May, and fully intend to pursue a Master's degree and a Commission in the immediate future, and I recognize that there may be several ways to accomplish these goals.

Thanks for all the replies, and your support in helping me pursue the mantra of "I will never accept defeat" in my personal affairs.
    Last edited by uk8th2012; July 15th, 2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uk8th2012 View Post
      Yes, a thank you to everyone on here for their help. We're still within that time frame, but no word yet. I've been doing some informal information collection, here, in contact with my superiors, and elsewhere, and I'm still unsure as to what the outcome of my situation will be. My particular case would apparently be a disqualification for enlistment now, but at least I'm somewhat past that, in that I have enlisted and attended 8 RSP drills. It has also been noted that some case by case reviews are still occurring. I have little doubt that my case would be approved, but I don't know how broad a brush the NGB is painting with at the present time.

My reason for bumping this thread is to ask a further general question I don't want to bother my recruiters and RSP cadre with while they are still engaged with this present paperwork. If my wavier is denied or the time frame is grossly exceeded, can a currently enlisted soldier enter an ROTC program as a graduate student? I received my bachelor's degree in May, and fully intend to pursue a Master's degree and a Commission in the immediate future, and I recognize that there may be several ways to accomplish these goals.

Thanks for all the replies, and your support in helping me pursue the mantra of "I will never accept defeat" in my personal affairs.
      If your moral waivers are declined, you won't be able to enlist OR commission at this time.

Comment

Great news! My wavier was approved yesterday and we're working on getting a new ship date for ASAP. I couldn't be more excited or ready to prove that this was the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by uk8th2012 View Post
          Great news! My wavier was approved yesterday and we're working on getting a new ship date for ASAP. I couldn't be more excited or ready to prove that this was the right call.
          Congratulations! Now you can move forward.

Comment

Working...
          X