X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitability Review

I was just curious what a suitability review is and if I should be worried about it or if this is something everyone has to go through?

Re: Suitability Review

I'm currently going through a suitability review as part of my enlistment, I'm just waiting for a reply at the moment. As far as I know they only do suitability reviews if you have a moral offense of any sort. They just need to send your enlistment packet in and letter you well write for review. It's almost like getting a waiver but not getting a waiver according to my recruiter. I've been waiting for about a week now and still no response. It may also be if you told your recruiter you had a certain medical condition or problem in the past also that doesn't require a waiver, but they may still need a suitability review. Basically to put it simply it's like applying for a waiver without needing or getting a waiver. It's not as serious as a waiver but still needs to be looked at and approved before you can enlist.
    Hope this helps and good luck.
    Last edited by robe9206; June 18th, 2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Here's what I found on suitability reviews in AR 601-210, Chapter 4-2.2e. Active and Reserve Components Enlisted Program:

"e. Suitability will be determined by the following:
      (1) Applicants with a criminal history (regardless of disposition) or questionable conduct character, but because of
      dismissed charges, plea bargains, or release without prosecution, must have a suitability review for determination of
      enlistment along with a commander’s list of recommendation. Reviewer will determine if a personal interview with the
      applicant is required, and, if so, may be accomplished telephonically. Approval will be annotated on the DD Form
      1966 remarks section with a review date, name and title of reviewer.
      (a) Suitability review will be conducted on the following offenses prior to any processing on all applicants (the
      appropriate review level is also noted):
      1. Two or more misconduct offenses per figure 4–3 (see para 4–10) (Recruiting Battalion Leadership Team or
      equivalent member of the ARNG).
      2. Combination of four or more non-traffic and misconduct offenses per figures 4–2 and 4–3 (see paras 4–9 and
      4–10) (Recruiting Battalion CDR or equivalent member of the ARNG).
      3. One or more major misconduct offenses per figure 4–4 (see para 4–11) or changes considered felonies under the
      local law, regardless of disposition (CG, USAREC or equivalent member of the ARNG approval).
      4. Domestic battery/violence offense includes but is not limited to, charge(s) of domestic violence, assault, simple
      assault, assault and battery, battery, assault with the intent to commit bodily harm, assault on a person, or abuse by an
      applicant against their parent, step-parent, sister, or brother, regardless of disposition. (Recruiting Battalion Leadership
      Team or equivalent member of the ARNG, unless otherwise noted.)
      5. Crime of domestic violence. An offense that involves the use or attempted use of physical force, or threatened use
      of a deadly weapon committed by a current or former spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim; by a person with whom
      the victim shares a child in common; by a person who is cohabiting with or has cohabited with the victim as a spouse,
      parent, or guardian; or by a person who was similarly situated to a spouse, parent, or guardian of the victim. Persons
      who are similarly situated to a spouse include two persons who are residing at the same location in an intimate,
      relationship with the intent to make that place their home (CG, USAREC or equivalent member of the ARNG
      approval)."

There's more, but I think for the scope of the question, this probably enough.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I got a call from my recruiter called me Monday (6/18/12) and told me I was good to proceed to MEPS. I am scheduled to go on July 2nd.

Comment

Congratulations! Good luck with your enlistment.

Comment

Thank you sir. I am very excited.

Comment

Originally posted by rmp2 View Post
              Thanks for the replies. I got a call from my recruiter called me Monday (6/18/12) and told me I was good to proceed to MEPS. I am scheduled to go on July 2nd.
              If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to get a reply? I'm still waiting for mine it's been about 2 weeks for me now.

Comment

In all I think about a week, but most of that was because I had to do a little leg work on my own. I had to get paper work showing I had a charge from 2003 expunged. I got that on Friday 6/15 and scanned a copy over to my recuiter that same day. Monday 6/18 he replied back. So in acutal responce time if you count the weekend it only took 4 days.

Comment

is it possible to resubmit a review after denial? I was denied today and was wondering could I write a letter with my review?

Comment

Originally posted by army_bound89 View Post
                    is it possible to resubmit a review after denial? I was denied today and was wondering could I write a letter with my review?
                    You'll need to speak with your recruiter to discuss your repeal options, if you have any.

Comment

Working...
                    X