X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver

I really want to go into the National Guard but I require a waiver. I have an RE Code of 3 and a sep code of JFX. Has anyone else had any luck acquiring a waiver for this? I know all of this can be waived but it's been tough finding a recruiter who will work with me.

Re: Waiver

Currently the National Guard has suspended waivers for any mental health condition or personality disorder type discharges.
    Note: The suspensions of the mentioned waivers are in effect until further notice.

Comment

SF Hunter, is this in direct relation to discharges only, or is it to all enlistments? The reason I ask is if my path to joining the Air NG as a PJ is not approved because of past ADHD meds (I have a very large post that will be bumped with some updates here in a minute explaining the situation) I am considering a SF career with the Army NG.

Thanks!

Comment

Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is disqualifying UNLESS the following criteria are met:

(1) The applicant has not required an Individualized Education Program or work accommodations since the age of 14.
        (2) There is no history of comorbid mental disorders.
        (3) The applicant has never taken more than a single daily dosage of medication or has not been prescribed medication for this condition for more than 24 cumulative months after the age of 14.
        (4) During periods off of medication after the age of 14, the applicant has been able to maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average without accommodations.
        (5) Documentation from the applicant’s prescribing provider that continued medication is not required for acceptable occupational or work performance.
        (6) Applicant is required to enter service and pass Service-specific training periods with no prescribed medication for ADHD.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinabag View Post
          SF Hunter, is this in direct relation to discharges only, or is it to all enlistments? The reason I ask is if my path to joining the Air NG as a PJ is not approved because of past ADHD meds (I have a very large post that will be bumped with some updates here in a minute explaining the situation) I am considering a SF career with the Army NG.

Thanks!
          I just read your other thread.
          Why are you asking about RE 3 and JFX separation if you are still waiting on the waiver process with the Air National Guard?

Comment

I was not asking about the RE 3 and JFX, I was just confused by what you put, it sounded like a (Correct me if I am wrong) smom or temporary restriction for all enlistees. I was curious if that was a restriction specific to the OP's situation (discharged trying to join) or to everyone joining (non prior). Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Can you clarify the 2.0 GPA:
              Does that include high school AND college, or just the past X years...
              My GPA in HS was 4.3; college is 1.9... do I average? How is it calculated?
              Thanks for your help -

Comment

Working...
              X