Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recruiters out there from Michigan? Prior Service Question.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recruiters out there from Michigan? Prior Service Question.

Hello,

I served Active Duty Army from 2007-2009. I was discharged early, RE Code 3 General Under Honorable Conditions discharge for a "pattern of misconduct".

I actually feel like I fell victim to a 1SG who had a short leesh on everyone, he was getting people in my unit left and right. Once you were in his dog house, you were there forever. I had a couple of issues when I first arrived at my unit but quickly turned those around and was one of the more respected soldiers in my platoon, even receiving two promotions, one on a waiver. About 9 months after my first issue I got a DUI for being stupid and not realizing how low the legal limit was in Germany. I was going to take my loss of rank and Article 15 like a man and attempt to push on and not mess up again but my 1SG was pushing to give me the boot. I resisted a little but eventually just got tired of dealing with it and thought that was just what Army leadership was like and decided to stop fighting my discharge and just take it and go home.

However, I still feel a need to serve my country proudly and go out on an honorable note, any recruiters out there, specifically in Michigan know if it may be possible for me to sign up for the guard?
    Last edited by formerMP31b; June 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM.

Re: Any recruiters out there from Michigan? Prior Service Question.

I am not a recruiter but I am in Michigan, what city are you near? I can get you the name and number of a recruiter in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by formerMP31b View Post
      Hello,

I served Active Duty Army from 2007-2009. I was discharged early, RE Code 3 General Under Honorable Conditions discharge for a "pattern of misconduct".

I actually feel like I fell victim to a 1SG who had a short leesh on everyone, he was getting people in my unit left and right. Once you were in his dog house, you were there forever. I had a couple of issues when I first arrived at my unit but quickly turned those around and was one of the more respected soldiers in my platoon, even receiving two promotions, one on a waiver. About 9 months after my first issue I got a DUI for being stupid and not realizing how low the legal limit was in Germany. I was going to take my loss of rank and Article 15 like a man and attempt to push on and not mess up again but my 1SG was pushing to give me the boot. I resisted a little but eventually just got tired of dealing with it and thought that was just what Army leadership was like and decided to stop fighting my discharge and just take it and go home.

However, I still feel a need to serve my country proudly and go out on an honorable note, any recruiters out there, specifically in Michigan know if it may be possible for me to sign up for the guard?
      At this time, enlistment waivers for the following categories are suspended:
      Prior Service Personnel:
      a. No conduct waiver authorized at any level (*discharged for misconduct/patterns of misconduct, or entry level discharge for misconduct).
      b. No DAT waivers
      c. No prior separation or discharge waivers for misconduct, or any other type of involuntary waiver that involved misconduct.
      d. No administrative waivers for performance. Other administrative type waivers for prior Service Applicants with less than 180 days of Active Federal Service, such as entry level separation waivers, may still be processed.
      e. Enlistment waivers for the following mental health conditions remain suspended: mood disorders to include depression and bipolar disorder, drug or alcohol abuse/dependence, overdose of any medication (prescription or over the counter) in a suicide attempt, any condition involving self-mutilation, or any other suicidal attempt or gesture.

Note: The suspensions of the mentioned waivers are in effect until further notice.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Wood View Post
        b. No DAT waivers
        What is a DAT wavier for?

Comment

Hello,

Hey, 95th MP BN over here from Germany. We were there the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
            What is a DAT wavier for?
            Sorry, DAT stands for Drug and Alcohol Test. If an applicant fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
              I am not a recruiter but I am in Michigan, what city are you near? I can get you the name and number of a recruiter in your area.
              I am actually overseas in Europe right now (met my wife while I was over here, moved back after I got out. I will be in the Jackson area though, but it looks like B. Wood is telling my my situation is a no go right now.

Originally posted by B.Wood View Post
              At this time, enlistment waivers for the following categories are suspended:
              Prior Service Personnel:
              a. No conduct waiver authorized at any level (*discharged for misconduct/patterns of misconduct, or entry level discharge for misconduct).
              b. No DAT waivers
              c. No prior separation or discharge waivers for misconduct, or any other type of involuntary waiver that involved misconduct.
              d. No administrative waivers for performance. Other administrative type waivers for prior Service Applicants with less than 180 days of Active Federal Service, such as entry level separation waivers, may still be processed.
              e. Enlistment waivers for the following mental health conditions remain suspended: mood disorders to include depression and bipolar disorder, drug or alcohol abuse/dependence, overdose of any medication (prescription or over the counter) in a suicide attempt, any condition involving self-mutilation, or any other suicidal attempt or gesture.

Note: The suspensions of the mentioned waivers are in effect until further notice.
              Thanks for the info, that is quite unfortunate for me, at least for now I guess.

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              Hey, 95th MP BN over here from Germany. We were there the same time.
              Oh nice. What unit? I was in the 272nd out of Mannheim.

Comment

I am actually overseas in Europe right now (met my wife while I was over here, moved back after I got out. I will be in the Jackson area though, but it looks like B. Wood is telling my my situation is a no go right now.

Thanks for the info, that is quite unfortunate for me, at least for now I guess.

Oh nice. What unit? I was in the 272nd out of Mannheim.
                529th MP Co. (Honor Guard). I actually thought you were one of my former soldiers that we kicked out. When I got there in 2007, I was working PSD for GEN McKiernan. We had an issue with a new SPC that we pulled and he was former Guard that worked in Germany and met his wife (German). The first week he was part of my team, he was out of ranks for guard mount and I had to go track him down. The German wife was in the barracks screaming and shouting for him. I found him in the room of a female soldier. He got wrote up and the cycle continued from there. When I left Germany and returned in 2008 (the same year that I left), he was still having problems and was getting chaptered. Another sad story for a 31B.

Comment

Working...
                X