Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Waiver

Hello everyone,

My name is Harvey. I would like to join the National Guard; however, I recently tried to join the Army and passed all the testings but I could not get a waiver for my knee. I have a condition call "Bipartite Patella" which I was born with on my knee. It does not affect me while exercising or anything but I did not get a waiver from the Army. I was wondering if the national Guard has the same restrictions in this area or if they might be a possibility of getting a waiver to join the National Guard?

Thank you for your answers and time.

Re: Medical Waiver

Harvey,

I'm sorry, but you are similarly disqualified from Army National Guard service as well.

Comment

Re: Medical Waiver

Here's a link to the current medical standards for the Army National Guard if you'd like more information: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/c...pdf/613003p.pd

Based on this, it states that an applicant does not qualify to enlist if:

"[Applicant has] Current joint dislocation if unreduced, or history of recurrent dislocation, subluxation, or instability of the hip (835), elbow (832), ankle (837), or foot."

Considering your condition, a Bipartite Patella can case instability through swelling and localized pain. If you'd like a second opinion, you can always speak to a recruiter. However, it's doubtful you'll get a waiver.

Comment

Working...
      X