X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homeschool diploma accepted or no?

okay long story short, I dropped out of school when I was 17 and recently got my diploma through an online prgram called the thelincolnhighschool.com, now through some loop hole they have to be accepted at state schools but I need to know if the national guard will accept my this diploma and FYI it's considered a home school diploma. Honestly i need to know should I enlist under the GED program or will this what I have be viewed as a diploma/GED.

Re: homeschool diploma accepted or no?

Home school diplomas are fine providing they are considered valid by your state. More specifically, if your state considers your diploma as equivalent to what you would have received at a public high school, you should be fine. Ultimately, you'll want to discuss your options with your recruiter. Here's how to get in touch with one if you don't have a recruiter you can work with:http://bit.ly/JMCld5. Something to keep in mind is that getting a GED will require you to have an additional 15 college credits to be eligible to enlist.

Comment

I can tell you now that the state will not recognize that diploma, I have already checked into that. recruiter said that if it doesn't check out with them that I could do the GED plus program to enlist.

Comment

Originally posted by cmarkham View Post
        I can tell you now that the state will not recognize that diploma, I have already checked into that. recruiter said that if it doesn't check out with them that I could do the GED plus program to enlist.
        Sounds like the National Guard GED Plus Program is going to be the best option for you, if your homeschool diploma is not accepted. You can find out more about the program at http://www.nationalguard.com/benefit...tions/ged-plus. Looks like your recruiter is working hard for you. Trust that they are looking out for your best interest, and always ask questions.

Comment

Working...
        X