X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single parent

i know that you cant joint any other branch of the service being a single parent, and i am sure that it is the same way with the nation guard, but i was told it cant hurt to ask, so could i join with out being married, or giving up custody of my child?

Re: single parent

You certainly can join as a single parent. You need the addition of a 'Family Care Plan'. The family care plan is a document that is filled out by the servicemember indicating specifically who will be responsible for your child while you are away at training/deployment. The only issue would be if you do not have a family/friend support structure that would provide you with the ability to do that. If you do, you'll be all set.

Comment

Re: single parent

In the Army National Guard, a single parent may enlist. You’ll need to have a family care plan and receive a waiver. Applicants without a spouse and who have custody of dependent(s), or married applicants whose spouse is in any military component, must have a Family Care Plan (DA Form 5305-R and/or DA Form 5960 and accompanying documents) completed per Army Command Policy (AR 600-20) prior to submission of waiver. Have you spoke with a National Guard recruiter?

Comment

Working...
      X