X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is the test?

Im 21 years old. Still trying to get my g.e.d finished up.

Struggling with my math test. I passed the other 4 test within a week, been stuck on math for quite some time.

Wondering if i pass my math test, if i ever do pass the math test.

How hard is the actual test? Ive been wanting to join since high school.

Re: How hard is the test?

This is going to sound rude, but I don't mean it that way.

The test's difficulty depends on how much you know. If you take it while most of the stuff is still in your brain, it shouldn't be too hard. I suggest studying for it if you're worried about it. There's plenty of study sites on the interwebs.

Comment

Hi I did mine 5 years ago (5 years ago I never thought I'd even graduate high school) but I had struggled with math so much I dont know how I made it and I made it with 1 point! It took two shots to go through, and today I even graduated from University. I never thought I could get ahead in academics but hey anything is possible... with pure intentions and dedication and practice, dont let anyone or any obstacle break your back.. Keep trying, again and again, eventually you must succeed. IT's the rule. Good luck : )

Comment

Originally posted by Ewok View Post
        Im 21 years old. Still trying to get my g.e.d finished up.

Struggling with my math test. I passed the other 4 test within a week, been stuck on math for quite some time.

Wondering if i pass my math test, if i ever do pass the math test.

How hard is the actual test? Ive been wanting to join since high school.
        Go to Staples, or Office Max, and grab the 3rd grade, 6th grade, 8th grade, and 9-10th grade math books, and just do the work in them. I got my ASVAB to a 84 doing those books. I learned to do it from several buds who got their GEDs who did the same. They are both 97 and 99 on the ASVAB as of march 9th. They are working on college credits now, but it helped them tremendously doing those books.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

Ive been studying this math pack i got from a college that offers free g.e.d classes.

It includes Geometry, Basic Algebra, Substitution, Solve For X, Word Problems, Percents & Ratios, proportions, inverse rates.

Now I'm debating if i should go take the real test or keep studying more.

Comment

Ive been studying this math pack i got from a college that offers free g.e.d classes.

It includes Geometry, Basic Algebra, Substitution, Solve For X, Word Problems, Percents & Ratios, proportions, inverse rates.

Having a good understanding of geometry, basic algebra, understanding word problems, percents, ratios, proporttions and inverse rates, will get you a 70 on the ASVAB easily. If not mid 80s. After you're done with your studies, do a practice ASVAB math test at your Recruiters Office, if you score a 70 or higher, sign up for the next GED Math Test. Why? Because you will pass it with honors.

Comment

Find a recruiter. They should have a practice exam that will let you know what you need to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
                Find a recruiter. They should have a practice exam that will let you know what you need to work on.
                www.march2success.com helps as a means to measure what to work on.

Comment

Thanks guys! I left a voicemail, i will go try the practice test when they get back to me.

Comment

Thanks guys! I left a voicemail, i will go try the practice test when they get back to me.
                    If you can get a 70 on the practice test to the ASVAB, you will ace your GED Math test, easily. What you want, is a 90 or higher on the ASVAB practice test. Scoring 90 or higher will be better for you long-term, because when you go take your COMPASS exam, you'll get at least Math 98 if not higher.

Comment

I will keep practicing my math then, i want to get into the national guard bad, tired of working minimum wage jobs, I'll do anything to get away from here.

Comment

I applaud your motivation and drive! Good luck to you!

Comment

Working...
                        X