X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MEPS was delayed?

Hey everyone. I was scheduled to go to MEPS tomorrow but my recruiter called me and said we have to wait until next week. They are looking into a concussion I had 12 years ago. I was not admitted to the hospital but was taken to the ER by ambulance. I was unable to tell them what hospital or Dr. due to being a little out of it and that it has been a few years. I am hoping this will not mess with me enlisting, what do you guys think?

Re: My MEPS was delayed?

it will slow you down until you can get the information from the hospital. Once it is brought up, you must provide documentation for it.

Comment

Just provide the med records. A simple concussion without evidence of neuro-motor deficit or more serious closed head injury should not by itself cause disqualification. Lilke the SFC said, you just need to provide the records and wait it out for a few more days.

Comment

Got them what they needed and I'm good to go. MEPS on Tuesday.

Comment

Great to hear everything worked out! Once you official swear in and start gearing up for training, be sure to check back. We're happy to answer any questions you may have along the way! http://bit.ly/JlHvRO.

Comment

MEPS went good, passed with flying colors and 5 pounds under where I needed to be. Did not get to swear in though. Found out I had missed a couple court dates back in 2006 that I did get the fines paid on. My recruiter told me we need to get a waiver for them even though they are taken care of now. He wants me to meet with a Captain in the unit I'm trying to get into. I'm a little nervous about that. He told me to show up a few minutes early and wear something that I'd wear to a job interview. Guessing the Captain wants to make sure I'm not a punk. Anyone have some input?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
              Guessing the Captain wants to make sure I'm not a punk. Anyone have some input?
              Say "yes, sir", "no, sir" a lot.

Don't be a punk.

It is what it is. Just answer his questions straight up and you should be good.

Comment

Ask questions; show him that you're interested and want to be there. And just like the SFC said; be respectful.

I pray that you do know to wear to a job interview. We had a new PVT meet our CO before he shipped out and the kid was sporting sagging jeans, a long-tee and a flat bill hat to top it off. Needless to say the CO wasn't entirely impressed.

As far as I can electronically tell, you're not a turd. You should be okay. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rescue View Post
                  As far as I can electronically tell, you're not a turd. You should be okay. Good luck.
                  Thanks I am actually planning on buying some new slacks and a new pair of shoes for the occasion actually. What questions would be good to ask? My recruiter has done a good job of answering the ones that have popped up. This forum has answered some as well.

Comment

Ask about the unit; The mission, what they do and how they contribute to the fight. Ask about his expectations. Get to know him, the XO and 1SG if he's there. You don't have to interrogate him, but show him that you want to be there and that you're interested. Little things like this along the way put you on the pedestal when things come up such as promotions and the like.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks. When I go to meet him would wearing a suit be a little too much? I'm stressing over this way more than I should but I really want it to go well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                        Sounds good, thanks. When I go to meet him would wearing a suit be a little too much? I'm stressing over this way more than I should but I really want it to go well.
                        I'd personally wear a button down dress shirt and slacks.

It's good you're showing that you care too much. I'd take that any day over a kid who doesn't care one bit.

Comment

I agree with everyone that you should do fine. I suspect that your meeting with the CO is because he has to "sign off" for your moral waiver (that's for the unpaid fines) and wants to verify you are worth "making an exception". Like others have said, it sounds like you'll have no trouble at all. Good luck and hope to see you in as soon as practicable.

Comment

Working...
                          X