X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall Recruiting Outlook in VA, MD, and DC

I am just curious as to the recruiting outlook for MD, VA, and DC. I know VA was closed for awhile, and I am wondering if it's opened back up again. I don't want to waste my time contacting a recruiter in any of these areas if they are closed for recruiting. I'm currently interested in going OCS. A little background, I am prior service OHARNG, just ETS'ed last June. I don't know if this makes a difference or not.

Also, if anyone could give me any information on NG recruiting stations for Northern VA, DC, and the MD area around DC that'd be great. I've tried Google, but wasn't able to get much, if any good information on recruiting stations.

Thank you.

Re: Overall Recruiting Outlook in VA, MD, and DC

Just call a recruiter and ask. We don't have any MD/VA/DC recruiters on here so no one will be able to give you a for sure answer.

Waste 5 minutes of your time to call one.

Comment

To my knowledge, all states are currently accepting applicants again. Therefore, getting in touch with a local recruiter wouldn't be an automatic dead end. As a Prior Service applicant, you would be able to enlist using the OCS enlistment option providing you meet all the requirements. For more details, check out the Accessions Options Criteria FY 12/13, Chapter 9-10.

If you need help getting in touch with a recruiter, you can use the Pre-Qualification form here on the National Guard website. Here's the link: www.nationalguard.com/car. Once you've completed both sections, a recruiter will call you personally and discuss your options!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

Thank you for the replies. And you're right, I'll stop being lazy and start calling around

Comment

VA is very much open for enlistments, if you need a recruiters number, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulham_23 View Post
            Thank you for the replies. And you're right, I'll stop being lazy and start calling around
            If you are flexible in your options just keep in mind about how promotion works. With the very small size of the DC Guard it would be near impossible to get promotions.

Comment

Working...
            X