X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS scoliosis

Okay so im 18 and plan on joining the Guard in about 30 days.. (when school lets out) heres the thing. i have Thoracic scoliosis to some degree i think in the 30's. however ive read online and some people say they have passed MEPS with an even greater degree than mine! i.e 45 50.... one SGT i know he said they really only focus on Lumbar scoliosis. i guess because its lower down and its more effective.... someone with your great knowlegde please chime in, im all ears..
    1.is it worth a shot to join?
    2. should i not tell my recruiter and let MEPS find it?
    3. should i tell my recruiter and get a waiver?

thanks all,

Kurt Miller

Re: MEPS scoliosis

Kurt,

1. It is worth a shot to join.
    2. You should disclose your medical condition to your recruiter.
    3. Your medical records involving your scoliosis will be key in determining if anything at all would even have to be done.

Excerpt from 40-501 states:

c. Current deviation or curvature of spine (737) from normal alignment, structure, or function does not meet the
    standard if:
    (1) It prevents the individual from following a physically active vocation in civilian life.
    (2) It interferes with the proper wearing of a uniform or military equipment.
    (3) It is symptomatic.
    (4) There is lumbar scoliosis greater than 20 degrees, thoracic scoliosis greater than 30 degrees, or kyphosis and
    lordosis greater than 55 degrees when measured by the Cobb method.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X