X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlistment Criteria

So i have a general question for any recruiter or some one with some solid knowledge. I heard a rumor that the aims/tapas test were no longer being considerd and/or there was new criteria, that may allow me to enlist now, as of a few weeks ago. I began my enlistment last august at Boston MEPS. Passed physical with flying colors, no impairments or disabilities at all, perfect vision, i understand i had a perfect medical. I was never measured for BMI but i am a very fit person and i know i'm no where near the BMI limit etc... Passed my ASVAB with a 50. Took the AIMS and was told i could not enlist. This was almost a year ago, So i was wondering if the criteria changed at all.. please shed some light on this, i would really like to join as i'm sure many others do. It would be specifically helpfull if there was someone from the Massachusetts area who knew anything. By the way i am a tier 2 enlistment. Thank You.
    Last edited by SteveLord; May 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: forgot something

Re: Enlistment Criteria

First, who did you hear this rumor from? Did it come from your recruiter? If not, you should always verify any information you get from an outside source with your recruiter. Enlistment criteria can change overnight and they will be the first to be notified.

Second, for clarification, were you told directly that it was the AIMS test that disqualified you from enlisting?

Comment

I reformatted your post's appearance. Trust me, it increases the chances of people reading/responding to it when you stick with the default.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
        First, who did you hear this rumor from? Did it come from your recruiter? If not, you should always verify any information you get from an outside source with your recruiter. Enlistment criteria can change overnight and they will be the first to be notified.

Second, for clarification, were you told directly that it was the AIMS test that disqualified you from enlisting?
        This did come directly from my recruiter, and yes I was told that I did not score high enough on the aims test. Although I was never informed what the score was or how it was scored. 50 on asvab, perfect physical, all other requirments met.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingtojoin11 View Post
          This did come directly from my recruiter, and yes I was told that I did not score high enough on the aims test. Although I was never informed what the score was or how it was scored. 50 on asvab, perfect physical, all other requirments met.
          OK! Without knowing your score on the AIMS test, I cannot definitively say if it's high enough to enlist currently. I do know, that there are no waivers for a failed AIMS test. Try talking to a local recruiter, though, if you haven't done so recently. Enlistment criteria can certainly change over night so it's always best to touch base with a recruiter. Here's a way to get connected to one: www.nationalguard.com/car.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryingtojoin11 View Post
            So i have a general question for any recruiter or some one with some solid knowledge. I heard a rumor that the aims/tapas test were no longer being considerd and/or there was new criteria, that may allow me to enlist now, as of a few weeks ago. I began my enlistment last august at Boston MEPS. Passed physical with flying colors, no impairments or disabilities at all, perfect vision, i understand i had a perfect medical. I was never measured for BMI but i am a very fit person and i know i'm no where near the BMI limit etc... Passed my ASVAB with a 50. Took the AIMS and was told i could not enlist. This was almost a year ago, So i was wondering if the criteria changed at all.. please shed some light on this, i would really like to join as i'm sure many others do. It would be specifically helpfull if there was someone from the Massachusetts area who knew anything. By the way i am a tier 2 enlistment. Thank You.

This criteria is still in effect, as of last week. SORRY

Comment

Working...
            X