Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
do i still need college credit hours with GED to still join any waiver Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i still need college credit hours with GED to still join any waiver

i have wanted to join since i was 17 almost did but the school superintendent wouldnt sign off on it. I just wanna and be like all the men in my family and do my time serving this country with honesty honor and protection from outside threats

i have my ged since 2009 cuz i couldnt get it threw military because my last grade lvl completed was 8th grade.

my question is do i still need college credit hours to join because in the state of texas because i am unmarried, im under 24, and i dont have kids i cant pass financial aid. So college is a little far from me right now. which also makes my dream of joining a fantasy

any waivers or help is greatly appreciated

Re: do i still need college credit hours with GED to still join any waiver

I can definitely understand where you're coming from! Education waivers can vary between states, so you might want to talk to a local recruiter to find out if there are any waivers available for this in Texas. In general, though, you will need to have at least 15 college credits to enlist with a GED. For most colleges, this is only one semester. When you say you can't pass financial aid, are you referring to student loans as well?

Comment

even though this is an NG forum, I know you can go active duty with just a GED, maybe look into talking to that recruiter? for you, the education benefits would be better, since you would get the post-911 GI bill, and it would be a full time job

Comment

Hunter and FutureEngineer, your conversation is straying for the original question. Please stay on topic.

Comment

Straying?

They're in a different galaxy.

Comment

Working...
          X