X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another waiver question

Im 33 and need a couple conduct waivers for mistakes I made when I was Young. I understand the need for recruits isnt as high as it could be and I understand the defense budget is being trimmed, and I understand that we are pulling out of the wars we are in. I understand why they are not accepting waivers. My question is will they again? do we have to wait for war to break out in a different country first? What are your opinions on how long it may take for illinois to start accepting waivers. I hear some states are accepting them, why not all or none? Ill be 34 in July, Have I waited too long and now the fact that I need conduct waivers is going to prevent me from ever enlisting?

Re: Another waiver question

No one will be able to give you a good answer to these questions. It would only be speculation as to if and when waiver will open back up, or even if the age limit will go back up.

Comment

I accept that answer, but really am just looking for opinions. I can enlist at age 34 right? does waiver acceptance fluctuate? When is the beginning of "recruitment year" and, in your opinion is it more likely to have them accept waivers at the beginning of this "recruitment year"?

Comment

Originally posted by JOSEPHU View Post
        I accept that answer, but really am just looking for opinions. I can enlist at age 34 right? does waiver acceptance fluctuate? When is the beginning of "recruitment year" and, in your opinion is it more likely to have them accept waivers at the beginning of this "recruitment year"?
        How are 'opinions' going to help you besides giving you either false hope or unsubstantiated disappointment?

Comment

The beginning of the year is in October. It can change at any time though regardless of what time of year it is. Yes, you can enlist at age 34, but the waiver thing will definitely be your issue. So, my professional opinion is its "possible" it could change any day. That change could be stricter guidelines or less strict.

Comment

Thank you for your opinion. Opinions can help people, as long as they come from experts in the field, because in this instance its more than a guess that can cause false hope or unsubstantiated disappointment, its a hypothesis, made by those "in the know". If I recieved an answer(s) that stated "nope", "you're screwed", "give up", "it'll never happen", or similar, by people who experience these things regularly or by people who frequent this site, then I would mentally regard those responses higher than if I just asked someone off the street.

Thank you for answering my "recruitment year" questions. If given the oppurtunity to serve, I will be one of the "bottom of the barrell" recruits, who shows everyone that giving honest, hard working, and reformed American citizens a second chance at serving is a good idea.

Comment

Working...
            X