X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD age waiver?

I am 44 years old, former asthmatic in good shape. I am a board certified MD (Internal Medicine). I have spoken with reserves (who will take me). I wanted to speak to guard as well but on- line form won't let me in when I put my age. Are they really this strict with age for MD's? If waivers are granted, How can I talk to someone in Il.? Thanks

Re: MD age waiver?

The best thing would be to go online to the state you want to contact and find the telephone number to their AMEED recruiter or OSM and give them a call.

Comment

Re: MD age waiver?

Chaplain4me is right on the money. Call 1-800-Go-Guard and ask for your state's AMEDD Officer recruiter. You can try googling this online but ultimately get a bunch of old info. Talking to a local non-AMEDD Officer Recruiter is very bad juju (the programs and policies for docs is very unique and you'll get bad info).

Waivers are given for age for licensed docs. If you have 8-10 years of post-residency experience, you can possibly come in as a Major, rather than Captain. Talk to your state's AMEDD Officer recruiter, they'll be glad to speak with you. Be sure to ask about the HPLRP, which can pay up to $240K towards med school loans, if you still have them. I'm a doc in the Guard, if you have questions your recruiter can't answer, feel free to PM me, though I usually only check this site weekly.

Comment

Working...
      X