X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35F disqualification?

Hello, I'm 18 and have already begun enlisting. I signed the forms, secured one of 35F jobs in the CT ARNG, just have to get proper medical forms done and get sworn in.
    I'm a little nervous that my past might keep them during my TS Clearance interview from accepting me as a new intel analyst. My ASVAB was fine, I did very well on it and scored high.
    There are 3 problems:
    1) Freshman year I made a few dirty pick up lines to a girl who I thought, thought it was funny, but her friend ended up reporting me for sexual harrassment and I got an in school 1 day suspension for it.
    2) Later that same year in high school a senior hit my 7th grade brother, so I defended him and fought the kid, got a 1 day suspension for that as well. In my past in elementary school I got in 2 fights, 1 to defend my little brother, and once because these 2 kids double teamed me and started it, so I ended it.
    3) On my Path to Honor enlistment application, I had to explain my "mental health counseling" that I got sophomore year. I by accident made it sound very bad and said it was because I had a hard time getting along with people. I meant to say it was a home issue. My old shrink wrote that I saw him for 8 sessions, and it was because my dad and I had some tension due to what he thought was a poor school performance.
    A few things you should know: I don't have anger management, haven't gotten in a fight since sophomore year that one incident, I got accepted with a $52,000 scholarship to Franklin Pierce, and then got accepted to UConn and CCSU as well (so I do allright in school clearly)

I feel that a 35F is my future. I plan on serving at least 16 years while I go to college and law school, and I feel that being an intel analyst is perfect for me. I love working out issues and I want to help make tactical decisions to help keep our infantry safe.

Please give me your opinion as to if I would be looked at bad and not get the job or not. If i don't get it I would be forced to be a 42 A
    God bless

Re: 35F disqualification?

Originally posted by futurecitizensoldier94 View Post
    Hello, I'm 18 and have already begun enlisting. I signed the forms, secured one of 35F jobs in the CT ARNG, just have to get proper medical forms done and get sworn in.
    I'm a little nervous that my past might keep them during my TS Clearance interview from accepting me as a new intel analyst. My ASVAB was fine, I did very well on it and scored high.
    There are 3 problems:
    1) Freshman year I made a few dirty pick up lines to a girl who I thought, thought it was funny, but her friend ended up reporting me for sexual harrassment and I got an in school 1 day suspension for it.
    2) Later that same year in high school a senior hit my 7th grade brother, so I defended him and fought the kid, got a 1 day suspension for that as well. In my past in elementary school I got in 2 fights, 1 to defend my little brother, and once because these 2 kids double teamed me and started it, so I ended it.
    3) On my Path to Honor enlistment application, I had to explain my "mental health counseling" that I got sophomore year. I by accident made it sound very bad and said it was because I had a hard time getting along with people. I meant to say it was a home issue. My old shrink wrote that I saw him for 8 sessions, and it was because my dad and I had some tension due to what he thought was a poor school performance.
    A few things you should know: I don't have anger management, haven't gotten in a fight since sophomore year that one incident, I got accepted with a $52,000 scholarship to Franklin Pierce, and then got accepted to UConn and CCSU as well (so I do allright in school clearly)

I feel that a 35F is my future. I plan on serving at least 16 years while I go to college and law school, and I feel that being an intel analyst is perfect for me. I love working out issues and I want to help make tactical decisions to help keep our infantry safe.

Please give me your opinion as to if I would be looked at bad and not get the job or not. If i don't get it I would be forced to be a 42 A
    God bless

You should get an Interim Clearance before you enlist. They should tell you go or no-go before you swear in.
    The only way you will get denied after that is if you haven't been honest or they find something that wasn't already known or you do something new.

Comment

No 35F. No 42A. You sound perfect for 11B. Hooah.

Comment

Originally posted by futurecitizensoldier94 View Post
        Please give me your opinion as to if I would be looked at bad and not get the job or not.
        Two kinds of people in this world: people who worry about things they can't change, and people who don't worry about things they can't change.

At this juncture it is pointless for you or any of us to speculate about it. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X