Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I find a new recruiter?

Hello,

First off, I just want to mention that I am in no way complaining about my recruiter. I understand that they are very busy people and their job can be demanding.

My problem is that I'm trying to enlist in the Guard as soon as possible, so I can get into a MOS with an AIT that will be over in-time for me to attend Spring Semester courses at North Georgia (these start in January) for the Simultaneous Membership Program (Corps of Cadets and National Guard). I have filled-out my online application and I have contacted a recruiter. I've only talked to him once. We arranged a meeting for Tuesday at 3:30. On Tuesday my dad and I drove to the office (it isn't exactly close) and he wasn't there. We talked to a Reserve Recruiter who said that he hadn't been there all day. So I tried to call him, he didn't answer so I left a message. I tried to call him Wednesday - no answer. I tried to call Monday - no answer, so I left another message. Thinking that maybe he meant the next Tuesday, I called again Tuesday - no answer. I'm really nervous about not making the deadline, so should I try another recruiter? I haven't even met this guy in person yet, and I don't have any clue if he's just really busy or if he's ignoring me because he won't answer my calls.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Should I find a new recruiter?

I say if you haven't even met with him yet then move on. Especially if you have a timeline you are trying to meet. I too understand that they are very busy people, but there is nothing more frustrating to me than no communication. If you have tried to contact him that many times and you have heard nothing back then he either has had some emergency come up or he is not interested in helping you out. To me this is not a good sign and its best you find someone who is interested in working with you rather than to get stuck with some half-assed recruiter. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X