Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard is it to obtain a SECRET security clearance?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is it to obtain a SECRET security clearance?

I'm in the process of joining the national guard. Ive already been to meps to get my physical and im good to go. I had to wait to enlist because I needed a waiver, which I now have. My next step is to go back to meps and get my clearance then swear in. The job I want is 25S, SATCOMM, and it requires a secret clearance. I know TOP SECRET is extremely hard to get but my question is how hard is it to get a SECRET clearance? Thank you.

Re: How hard is it to obtain a SECRET security clearance?

Originally posted by blazek View Post
    I'm in the process of joining the national guard. Ive already been to meps to get my physical and im good to go. I had to wait to enlist because I needed a waiver, which I now have. My next step is to go back to meps and get my clearance then swear in. The job I want is 25S, SATCOMM, and it requires a secret clearance. I know TOP SECRET is extremely hard to get but my question is how hard is it to get a SECRET clearance? Thank you.
    It's not "hard" per say...but when you filled out the forms how many "yes" answers did you have to explain? The more credit, criminal and mental health issues, the less likely it gets approved. There are not many single things alone that will preclude it, they take on the whole person concept.

Comment

They did not scrutinize my application at MEPS, nor did I walk out knowing if I had the Secret clearance. A week or so after MEPS I met with an investigator for a 4 hour interview where she went over EVERY question of my application with a fine tooth comb and that the last I heard of it. I have 'heard' that no news is good news, that if you are rejected for your clearance, you WILL receive notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
        They did not scrutinize my application at MEPS, nor did I walk out knowing if I had the Secret clearance. A week or so after MEPS I met with an investigator for a 4 hour interview where she went over EVERY question of my application with a fine tooth comb and that the last I heard of it. I have 'heard' that no news is good news, that if you are rejected for your clearance, you WILL receive notification.
        It takes a couple of months to process. If people don't hear anything they should check with their S2 after about 90 days.

Comment

It's been over a year and I start OCS next month.

Comment

Get with your unit S2 or SSO and have them check JPASS. If you never heard anything there are two possibilities, it was granted or never submitted by your shop.

Comment

Working...
            X