X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment/Enlistment Issue

Hello, was hoping someone could shed light and provide an honest opinion of my situation.

I have been trying to enlist in the Guard for about 9 months, since June 2011. I scored high across the board on the ASVAB, top marks all over. In my civilian capacity I am a practicing attorney, undergrad degree, masters and JD law degree, licenses etc. I have 6 years of professional working experience as an attorney, 10 years working in all since college. I am about to be 31 years old.

Ultimately I would like to go State OCS after basic and AIT, with the goal of becoming an officer.

Unfortunately, I'm not close to that yet. I had shoulder surgery December 2010. I then underwent 6 months of physical therapy. I have subsequently been cleared by my surgeon and have been rendered 100%. I am fully functional with no residual injury or issues. I am in great physical shape, run several times a week, weight train and maintain a very high fitness level. My recruiter submitted all of my med records to MEPS, who proceeded to kick it back to him at least several times for reasons I am not precisely clear, though I was told it was procedural errors and nothing related to my enlistment. There is nothing questionable about me or my background.

I have been in touch with my recruiter periodically, but overall I've been in limbo since December 2011. I have no idea what is going on and why my file wont clear MEPS. They havent even asked me to take a physical exam.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Do I have a chance or have I been written off? Is there anything I should be doing?

Thanks for any insight or advice.
Working...
X