Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for a warehouse job with the Guard if Im a civialian?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for a warehouse job with the Guard if Im a civialian?

I was wondering if a civilian can apply for the warehouse jobs posted on jobsites? I would like to work for the Guard in their warehousing division but I am too old to go through basic training.

Re: Can I apply for a warehouse job with the Guard if Im a civialian?

Originally posted by AZisser View Post
    I was wondering if a civilian can apply for the warehouse jobs posted on jobsites? I would like to work for the Guard in their warehousing division but I am too old to go through basic training.
    On what jobsites? If it is an Active Guard Reserve and/or dual status Technician position, then no.

Comment

Most of the normal jobsites. Monster,Careerbuilders etc I searched warehouse jobs in Georgia and all of the sites post warehouse positions for a number of cities in georgia. Kennesaw Marietta etc.

Comment

I would really like to work for the Guard but i am too old by 10 years. I would love to go through basic training and get in shape again and then go to a civilian job in the supply warehouse.

Comment

I have seen it as well, on the job search websites, that sometimes they include jobs from federal websites and I have even seen AGR positions. It just a flaw in the search function that doesn't filter them out.
          Last edited by Chris36; March 14th, 2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

What does the OP is 45 with no prior service and apparently no citizenship statement mean? I am a citizen! Born and raised in the USA!

Comment

I guess what Im asking is would the Guard allow a 45 year old man go through basic training to get one of the civilian warehouse jobs available?

Comment

I guess what Im asking is would the Guard allow a 45 year old man go through basic training to get one of the civilian warehouse jobs available?
                No. In addition to being too old for eligibility, I think you are very confused about how the military operates. The closest thing I can think of for you would be a state job for the department of Public Defense, which employs plenty of civilians with zero military ties or training that do work closely with military members.
                Last edited by SteveLord; March 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

What does the OP is 45 with no prior service and apparently no citizenship statement mean? I am a citizen! Born and raised in the USA!
                  Sorry about that, there is another poster who was asking the same thing but he wanted to obtain his citizenship first. My bad, my post is edited.

Comment

You are too old to join the Guard. Anybody knows if there are supply warehouses (e.g. SSA) that have 92As or any logisticians working in those type of facilities?

OP, active duty bases have civilians that work in CIF. If you are near, drive to one and inquire.

Comment

Just so everyone knows...yes there are jobs that civilians can get working for the military. They are not dual status, they are simply civilian contractors. We have some that work at our food services wharehouse and also at our supply depot. You don't have to be military to get these jobs. Now, that being said, if you have no connections with the military it will probably make it harder for you to find and secure these types of jobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X