X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Records for Minors

I'm looking to join the Army National Guard and have a question in regards to meps.

I had surgery under my arm at age 11 to have a lymph node removed. I got sick with a cold and it caused my lymph nodes in my neck and under one arm to swell. The lymph node was sent to be tested and everything came back normal and no issues. All of my lymph nodes went back down with the exception of one that stayed noticeable even unto today which is over 20 years later. The doctors gave me the all clear and said I was perfectly healthy and all tests came back fine. I have been completely healthy with no major health issues my entire life with the exception of catching the common cold a few times.

The problem is that the hospital / doctor stated they only keep records for 7 years and that they keep minorís records for an additional five years after they turn 18. All of the information in regards to this surgery has been destroyed.

Will I need a waiver for this? Is this something they check at meps? My recruiter told me I would be fine but to write a handwritten letter about this and have the hospital send their policy (retention required by the state) in an official statement.

Please help - I would like to join this year because I want to go to OCS before the age limit catches up with me

Thanks!
Working...
X